Hideout

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
What's everybody think about this business? I'm of two minds - I'm opposed to more BS Wasatch Back development on general principles and that sort of development in particular, and I despise the underhanded way they created Hideout in the first place and the way they're trying to expand, but on the other hand the area is already overdeveloped so what does it matter?

I do enjoy the screaming coming from the Park City area, a particularly precious sort of NIMBYism considering that the ones screaming the loudest are probably the ones that drove the existing development in the first place. Pretty hypocritical if you ask me.

Hadn't heard about this. My take is similar to yours: I would like to keep wide open spaces, but if it is private land anyway and there are resources, it's not for people who have become rich developing park city to decide...

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
What's everybody think about this business? I'm of two minds - I'm opposed to more BS Wasatch Back development on general principles and that sort of development in particular, and I despise the underhanded way they created Hideout in the first place and the way they're trying to expand, but on the other hand the area is already overdeveloped so what does it matter?

I do enjoy the screaming coming from the Park City area, a particularly precious sort of NIMBYism considering that the ones screaming the loudest are probably the ones that drove the existing development in the first place. Pretty hypocritical if you ask me.

I'm with you. I used to drive by there nearly every weekday before my commute changed... amazing how crazy fast it was developing. They are trying to turn that reservoir into a mini Lake Tahoe except every home is attached and higher density. It's pretty nuts and it looks terrible... But at the same time, PC gets what PC deserves. I have no sympathy for those down nose lookers.

That and I despise the Romney family. They come from dirty money. If interested, look into that. Mitt got his big start from Gislaine Maxwell's father... and Robert Maxwell the reason his daughter is involved in the shit she's involved in.

Last edited: