High Mileage....Hyundai

Homefryy

That is pretty crazy. I imagine it had to be mostly highway miles to hit that number so fast so brakes probably weren't used nearly as much as one normally would per mile.
A lot of wear comes from cold startups so driving all day every day probably doesn't introduce much more wear than the 2 or 3 completely cold starts per day that most vehicles see. Plus you don't have the fatigue caused by all those heating and cooling cycles.

I can't image there was much maintenance needed since it would be hard to rack up that many miles if the car spent much time in the shop getting worked on.

Homefryy

Just because I get wondering about details... If done at the recommended 7500 mile oil change it would occur every 10 days.

And at $0.42 per mile that is a total of $420k in tax deductions over 5 years (assuming all driving was done for work).

I bet you could stretch out the oil change interval with that much continuous driving. It would definitely pay off to spend some money on used oil analysis so you could increase the oil change interval as much as possible.

D

Deleted member 12904

That's about 766 miles per day for a 5 day work week!
They claimed that her average speed never was over 24 miles an hour. That would put her at 30 hour days driving 5 days a week. Even at 24-hour days which is obviously the maximum that still like 340 something days a year for 5 years that she would have to drive 24 hours a day. The math clearly doesn't make sense.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Average speed means she can drive half the time at twice the speed...so her 24mph average was driving a LOT at much faster speeds.

D

Deleted member 12904

I'm well aware of what an average is and how it's calutated. But the math still doesn't work to be feasible for single driver in a 5 year period. She even States herself that most of the driving was not high speed. even assuming that the speedometer was fast which is common in many modern cars specifically imported cars we could take 10 or 13% off that million mile mark and it still pretty crazy to think that she spent literally every moment of her days aside from minimum sleeping hours traveling.
averagetspeed1.png

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
1,000,000 miles over 1825 days (5 years) is 547.95 miles per day, if the car was driven EVERY day for 5 years... That equals the almost 23mph average assuming the car was driven 24/7/365, which is physically impossible for the entire 5 years. Even if it was only driven for 12 hours per day (still 7 days a week) that's an almost 46mph average.

My thoughts: Unless she made one delivery per day that was 225 miles each way and it was all high speed roads, I call BS. No way.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I worked at a lube shop in high school. A feller came in every other week or so in a single cab toyota. He had 700k+ miles on his truck. Drove to Washington and back for his job. Always had a dog in the back of the truck too, it wore safety goggles because it took a rock to the eye once.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I'm with Bryson, BS. In an 8 hour work day 5 days a week that averages 96mph.

I mean, even double that and work 80 hours/week and that's still almost 50mph, and what delivery driver would work 80hrs/week???

Not accounting for stopping to pick up inventory and stopping for delivery, impossible.