• Hey Guest! We need your help! 2019 EJS Potato Salad Hill Cleanup

High School Tj Build

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Not sure if Eric can see this while he's in Baltimore MD mission or not but this will be getting some 33" BFG that were left from the MJ build. I MAY add a lunchbox locker in the rear? He can change that, if he desires, to a selectable with his own $ when he gets back?

I'm not wanting to put a bunch of $ into his Jeep while he's out but it's a handy spare car at times. Might need to be a spare for @cbryson to drive at EJS 2019 on a couple trails. He's still got the puck lift on there. I'm sure he has lift springs in my mess of a garage but I'm wondering if anyone has run 33" tires on a puck lift with maybe some tube fenders?

xj_nate

Poser
Not sure if Eric can see this while he's in Baltimore MD mission or not but this will be getting some 33" BFG that were left from the MJ build. I MAY add a lunchbox locker in the rear? He can change that, if he desires, to a selectable with his own $ when he gets back?

I'm not wanting to put a bunch of $ into his Jeep while he's out but it's a handy spare car at times. Might need to be a spare for @cbryson to drive at EJS 2019 on a couple trails. He's still got the puck lift on there. I'm sure he has lift springs in my mess of a garage but I'm wondering if anyone has run 33" tires on a puck lift with maybe some tube fenders?
2” pucks? We did that on a buddy’s TJ and he wheeled it like that for years. I think we added a 1” body lift at some point in there, just because it rubbed under a lot of flex but that probably won’t be an issue for a “high school” rig.

mbryson

Supporting Member
It is a 2" puck lift. I don't want to open the SYE can of worms and whatever else follows behind that. The 31" tires and the 4.10 gears are fairly peppy. I think the 33" and 4.10 will work things a little more but still be ok. Hoping with the 2" pucks and at most some aftermarket fenders (or a sawzall?) will work with the 33".

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
That's turning out to be a nice little TJ and a GREAT father/son project. I'll bet when he returns there will be a lot more fun to be had between wrenching and wheeling.

Mike

DAA

Premium Member
Supporting Member
Front does look like it could use a bit more elevation. Can't hurt to put the lift springs in and see where it's at. I'd be thinking about shock length though, if they are the right length now, might be too short with lift?

- DAA

mbryson

Supporting Member
That going to rub like crazy without some major bumpstops in the front even when you lift it. I'd guess you need at least 2" more up front.

Bumpstops will be required. Hoping the springs give me an 1" to 1.5" and I can bumpstop to functionality. Not sure if I'll need to get him some tube fenders or not? If anyone hears of some take off fenders (don't I need the inner fenders for tube fenders?), give a shout. I could have a shock that will work? I've acquired quite a few sets over the years. I need to assemble all that stuff, use what makes sense and see if other folks need it before I chuck it.

Last edited: