High School TJ build

This little Tj is coming along, that big dent in the side is gone due to a friend in town, repainted the hood and part of side panel where the dent was, the paint didn't match to what I thought it would, but that's ok, it gives it character. Repainted the the fender flares black, looks so much better than it did. Put on some Rugged Ridge rockers on it, took the old front bumper off, working on building a new one. It has a cute 2" coil spacer lift, I swapped the tires I had on the XJ and put them on the TJ. I've put some quick disconnect sway bar links on her as well. The heater wasn't working very well, turns out the heater core was clogged inside the pipe and as well as the fins, cleaned it up just enough to get a welcome breeze of nice warm air. As of plans on this daily high school driver, the floppy mirrors need to go, every time I close the door they move out of position, I have a hp d30 and a Ford 8.8 that need a little work before I throw them under. I also plan on putting 4.10 gearing and a lunchbox locker in the front, the 8.8 came with a limited slip that I'm going to keep in there for "High School Budget" reasons. Hoping that I can get 35" tires on there after my axles. I want to do high-line fenders just to get me that extra tire clearance that I may or may not need. This little Tj has been a good little Jeep for me so far, has done what I've wanted it to do for me so far, haven't taken it wheeling yet, but I can tell you it climbs curbs no problem.
20171221_135451.jpg20171221_135612.jpg

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Looks much better without the caved-in side. :)

You might be able to adjust the tension on those mirrors--there's usually a screw that compresses the spring inside to change how hard they are to move.

pELYgroso

'Merica
Nice TJ! I had a stock cherokee w/ 2" budget lift and 31's in Highschool and I probably had more fun in that rig than any other I've had.

If you're interested, I have a set of 4.56's for an 8.8 and HP D30 w/ master install kits that I'd let go for a good deal as well as a spartan locker for the D30 and Detroit for the 8.8....(all New in the boxes)

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Nice TJ! I had a stock cherokee w/ 2" budget lift and 31's in Highschool and I probably had more fun in that rig than any other I've had.

If you're interested, I have a set of 4.56's for an 8.8 and HP D30 w/ master install kits that I'd let go for a good deal as well as a spartan locker for the D30 and Detroit for the 8.8....(all New in the boxes)

I bet he'd be interested in that. Shoot him a PM

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
pretty soon I will be putting the 5.5 inch spring in my LJ and if you want the 4 inch springs let me know and we can work something out.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Interested to see what you come up with. :Cool:
Looks like you're planning on re-using some tube...if it works out, that's awesome. If it doesn't end up looking like you want it to, I have 1.75" tube on hand, and we could bend it to your desires.

ebryson

Interested to see what you come up with. :Cool:
Looks like you're planning on re-using some tube...if it works out, that's awesome. If it doesn't end up looking like you want it to, I have 1.75" tube on hand, and we could bend it to your desires.
Thank you, It's looking good so far, little blood was shed during some of the fabrication, but eveything is looking good.