High School TJ build

This little Tj is coming along, that big dent in the side is gone due to a friend in town, repainted the hood and part of side panel where the dent was, the paint didn't match to what I thought it would, but that's ok, it gives it character. Repainted the the fender flares black, looks so much better than it did. Put on some Rugged Ridge rockers on it, took the old front bumper off, working on building a new one. It has a cute 2" coil spacer lift, I swapped the tires I had on the XJ and put them on the TJ. I've put some quick disconnect sway bar links on her as well. The heater wasn't working very well, turns out the heater core was clogged inside the pipe and as well as the fins, cleaned it up just enough to get a welcome breeze of nice warm air. As of plans on this daily high school driver, the floppy mirrors need to go, every time I close the door they move out of position, I have a hp d30 and a Ford 8.8 that need a little work before I throw them under. I also plan on putting 4.10 gearing and a lunchbox locker in the front, the 8.8 came with a limited slip that I'm going to keep in there for "High School Budget" reasons. Hoping that I can get 35" tires on there after my axles. I want to do high-line fenders just to get me that extra tire clearance that I may or may not need. This little Tj has been a good little Jeep for me so far, has done what I've wanted it to do for me so far, haven't taken it wheeling yet, but I can tell you it climbs curbs no problem.
20171221_135451.jpg20171221_135612.jpg

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I have the gears you need...4.10's that I took out of my TJ when I switched to 4.56. :cool: Make me a (cheap) offer for them. You'll be crossing to the other side of the carrier breaks, so I also have an open 3.73+ carrier for the front. You'll need to get a high-ratio carrier for the 44 also. (3.92+ for the 44)

ebryson

I have the gears you need...4.10's that I took out of my TJ when I switched to 4.56. :cool: Make me a (cheap) offer for them. You'll be crossing to the other side of the carrier breaks, so I also have an open 3.73+ carrier for the front. You'll need to get a high-ratio carrier for the 44 also. (3.92+ for the 44)

$125 sound good? Axles are still out of Jeep, could mbryson and I come set them up at your place under your tutalidge?

ebryson

Going from 3.07 to 4.10 gears is a rather noticeable difference, now I have a d30 front and a d44 rear. When I'm going around 30mph my speedometer says I'm going around 50mph now, luckily thats a fairly easy fix, big shout out to @I Lean for helping me set up the gears, another shout out to @mbryson for dealing with my rig and all my nonsense. Putting it together was fun for me, just helped me learn more about my rig. Now time for the test in about a month.20180213_110721.jpg20180212_105851.jpg20180209_102244.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: