High winds in SLC valley tomorrow

4x4_Welder

We had a pretty hellatious blast up here. The wind was building all day, tons of dust and smoke in the air, then stopped for about an hour before going absolutely nuts in the other direction. The power flickered, sirens all over town, and I thought for sure my big willow tree out back was going to come down. It stopped just as quick, dropped about 40° over the whole process, and rained a bit.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
We haven't lost power yet but have been hearing transformers popping this morning. I've lost some of the branches on my biggest tree and hoping the smaller ones make it OK. My last remaining rows of corn are also flattened.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Had trees down on 3 sides of my block. I lost one leg of power around 5. My wire was arcing at the t in the backyard. Lost all power at about 7. Had to tow strap 1 large branch to clear my road to get out

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
We do not have nearly that much wind on the west side. I just got back from running around, it's crazy the difference. Magna is just a little blustery, and then crossing Redwood on 201 it was like hitting a wall. The wind was knocking over sheds and tumbling shopping carts across the lot at the Home Depot on 21st South.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
We do not have nearly that much wind on the west side. I just got back from running around, it's crazy the difference. Magna is just a little blustery, and then crossing Redwood on 201 it was like hitting a wall. The wind was knocking over sheds and tumbling shopping carts across the lot at the Home Depot on 21st South.

Samesies. I keep looking out my office (bedroom) window because I hear it but it hasn't even claimed a patio chair yet. I strapped our little trampoline to the swingset just to be safe.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I'm in West Jordan and its damn windy here. One tree has been uprooted in my townhouse complex, garbage cans that people forgot to pull in last night are rolling through the streets.