High winds in SLC valley tomorrow

DAA

Power is back. Sometime while I slept last night. Fence all put back together, except the gate, which is trashed. But enough taped together to let the dogs out in the back and not have them scratching at the front door five minutes later.

It's the little things, I tell ya. Having a cup of brewed coffee this morning, instead of camp coffee, damn this is nice.

- DAA

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
Can't you just use a lighter?

Possibly, but I have not figured out how - now that I can use two "D" batteries, I won't need a lighter unless the igniter fails. Its a gas insert fireplace (with fake logs) that normally uses a light switch to turn it on. There is not a manual method to turn the gas on that I can see. The batteries opens the gas valve as well as lights the igniter to get things running.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I was walking around the neighborhood yesterday and there's lots of trees down. One poor neighbor had 5 very large pine trees come down in his yard. One landed on the house and looks like it messed things up good. I was surprised how small and shallow the root ball was for such a tall tree.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I was surprised how small and shallow the root ball was for such a tall tree

What causes that? Too much surface water so it won't grow deep? I've always wondered.

edit: looks like not enough soil depth for the tap root. Interesting.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Looks like it's all gone. I'm out scrounging with my 5 year old this morning.

Edit: we found a load around 10th south and 4th east.

Last edited: