History of the Constrictor trail

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
waynehartwig said:
The people you talk of don't care about the trail and have absolutely no moral fiber left in their body. Their also the ones throwing their beer cans on the ground after downing them.
Have you seen these 'non-moral fiber beer can throwing' people? I don't know you from Adam, but I wouldn't say you were without moral fiber if I saw you do something stupid.

Cherokeester

James K said:
and water bottles and gatorade bottles and drink cups from various places and.............

Litter is litter! Seems to me the history of Constricter is still being written as we type. What I have gathered is that if you are the first to cut the trail,(still unclear who that was) mauling trees and breaking new ground is ok. After that look out, better not break any of their rules.
For now what I believe is important is keep the place clean, stay on the trails(aka don't make new bypasses) and don't be an arse to others. Pretty simple really. Oh, and use a friggen tree strap.:-\

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Hickey said:
Have you seen these 'non-moral fiber beer can throwing' people? I don't know you from Adam, but I wouldn't say you were without moral fiber if I saw you do something stupid.
No, or I would say something. I get there in time to pick up their mess.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
i don't know of anybody cut down trees or mowed over trees when this trail was first run .also they had permission to be there doing what they were doing from the BLM as well as the permission to establish this trail.the trail was established and it was run in the in which it was established.have you ever read the sign infront of the trail .it tells you right on it what to expect on the trail if that seems to much for your vehicle(not skill) then stay the &$^ out of it.

leemastergt

I'll be watching this thread to see if you can successfully revive it. It looks like some of the "old-timers" are still around.

I had thought that Diamondback and Copperhead were a myth. :rofl:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
so is brittneys box , just myth.....lol

Brittney's Box was a nice, tight little obstacle in the early days. She remained that way with only occasional use. As the trail (and Brittney's Box) gained popularity, many heavy hitters made the trip to test their skill and prowess on this new and exciting challenge.

After a rather short time of incredibly heavy use she was quickly obliterated into an unrecognizable lump on the landscape. She just couldn't survive the constant pounding. She will never again excite new travelers as they drive on by without notice of its existence.

Let us all bow our heads for a moment of silence.

Last edited:

muleskinner

Brittney's Box was a nice, tight little obstacle in the early days. She remained that way with only occasional use. As the trail (and Brittney's Box) gained popularity, many heavy hitters made the trip to test their skill and prowess on this new and exciting challenge.

After a rather short time of incredibly heavy use she was quickly obliterated into an unrecognizable lump on the landscape. She just couldn't survive the constant pounding. She will never again excite new travelers as they drive on by without notice of its existence.

:D

Shawn

Just Hanging Out

Now that about sums it up.

Two obstacles created the most damage to the Cruiser in the early days, the sharks tooth and her box. Both wasted my rockers.