HITR Motorcycle Trip (tentatively May 13-15)

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
I just saw this after chiming in on your Memorial Day run... I can't do both, as it's about 600 miles each way to make these runs now that I live down south.

So is this just a day trip? I would LOVE to do this route, but 1200 miles of driving for a day trip is tough to justify!

Jared

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I just saw this after chiming in on your Memorial Day run... I can't do both, as it's about 600 miles each way to make these runs now that I live down south.

So is this just a day trip? I would LOVE to do this route, but 1200 miles of driving for a day trip is tough to justify!

Jared

Yeah, it's a one day trip on motorcycles... probably not at all worth the drive. :(:(

Greg

Admin
Paul, you & AP still good for this?

The weather looks HOT!! 86* is the forecast for Saturday! :eek:

I think I'm going to drive out on Friday night and either get a room in Green River or Hanksville. Last time we did HITR I Iron-manned it... drove from Fruita that morning, met up in Hanksville, then ran most of the trail. That was a rough, long day. Since we're riding, I think I'll be better off getting some decent rest the day before.

Where do you want to meet up? Time?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
AP cancelled out today due to a commitment with his daughter. I am planning on pulling an ironman this trip. I think we should plan on meeting at the Cal Black Airport around 9am or Hanksville if you are staying there around 7am.

Greg

Admin
AP cancelled out today due to a commitment with his daughter. I am planning on pulling an ironman this trip. I think we should plan on meeting at the Cal Black Airport around 9am or Hanksville if you are staying there around 7am.

Sounds like a plan, I'll be there! You taking the ferry, or driving around?

Greg

Admin
Is the ferry running and what is the schedule?

It's running...

http://www.canyon-country.com/lakepowell/ferry.htm

Schedule subject to change without notice. Sometimes the Ferry doesn't run. Sometimes the schedule has changed. Sometimes it's being maintained. Really, you need to call right before your trip even if you called a month ago.

I don't think there's a specific schedule... I think if we could catch an 8 AM ferry, we'd be unloading at the airport before 9 AM.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I will be in Hanksville around 7am. I will call you as I come into town. If you want, I will drive the truck and we can throw into 1 vehicle in Hanksville. You buy some breakfast and I will pay for the gas.

Greg

Admin
I will be in Hanksville around 7am. I will call you as I come into town. If you want, I will drive the truck and we can throw into 1 vehicle in Hanksville. You buy some breakfast and I will pay for the gas.

That might work, is there somewhere in Hanksville to eat breakfast?

Greg

Admin
probably just something at the Cheveron gas station..... a microwaved burrito and Coke

I wonder if that... Blondies? .... would be open? Probably take too long to sit and eat though if we want to start early. And I'm thinking the earilier the better, as warm as it's going to be. Bring lots of water!

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
So where is the RR for this trip?? :)

Well.......my plans had to change a couple of days before the trip due to some friends having to get their cattle off their BLM permit a couple of weeks early. So my ride report would consist of spending 3 days on a horse gathering up 1200 head of cattle in the Green River desert. Since Greg and I were going to be the only people going, that pretty much killed the trip.

Greg

Admin
Yep, Paul had to play cowboy for the weekend and I wasn't going to ride HITR solo, so the ride didn't happen.

That said, Paul now owes me a ride... something in the Swell sounds good to me. :D