South-West Utah HITR Road, Left Hand Collet, Smokey Mtn Rd... Jan 22-24th

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Short notice, buy anyone up for a trip this weekend starting Friday? My dates and times are already planned out, so I'm pretty set on the meetup time due to picking up my brother in Hanksville. The plan is to meet on Friday morning @ Hanksville at 9 AM, drive over to Boulder, UT and hit the Hole in the Rock road to Left Hand Collet to the Smokey Mountain Road and try get to Alstrom Point for the night, but there's a good chance that won't happen. Probably make Alstrom on Saturday, then turn back North backtracking, then explore HITR Road and camp somewhere around there, hopefully finding some slot canyons to play in. Then back to Hanskville around Noon/Afternoon on Sunday and head home.

It'll be cold, sketchy and challenging... so come prepared! Anyone game? :greg:

Greg

Admin
Alright, nobody can/wants to join us... well, this is where we'll be heading on Friday thru Sunday, solo. I'll have my SPOT GPS tracker, if we get in trouble you guys know where we'll be! :D

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
It's not a matter of want, just the ability. However, call me when you get in a bind, I'm always ready for a rescue. :greg:

Greg

Admin
It's not a matter of want, just the ability. However, call me when you get in a bind, I'm always ready for a rescue. :greg:

Totally understand, my schedule was set and it was short notice. :D

There is little to no cell service where we will be, so that's great. My SPOT updates will post on FB, including any calls for help... and Shane will get a direct email, he can rally the troops if needed. I just hope it doesn't come to that! :eek:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor

x2 & x2

I'm still going to try to get out this weekend but I've got commitments here in the shop until Friday afternoon. Boo

rholbrook

Damn you Greg. A little more notice and I would have done this for sure but Harrison is wanting to go riding. Maybe between now and he gets out of school he may change his mind. If so I will let you know

DAA

Weather was pretty nice around Hanksville last weekend. Pretty warm and wasn't muddy at all. Hopefully it's not gotten any worse this week in that way!

- DAA

Greg

Admin
Well, no need to worry about me this weekend... my best laid plans have been ruined by the railroad. :mad2: I have to work Fri, Sat & Sunday... this isn't the norm, but I can't even tell you how pissed off I am. It's a situation that's out of my control, I simply cannot take this weekend off. The Jeep is all packed up and I was ready, didn't know that I had to work for sure until around Noon. Even though the 3 days work will be worth well over $1k, it's simply not worth it... I would much rather be camping & exploring the Utah desert. I'm just glad nobody else made plans to join us!

Tonkaman

Well, no need to worry about me this weekend... my best laid plans have been ruined by the railroad. :mad2: I have to work Fri, Sat & Sunday... this isn't the norm, but I can't even tell you how pissed off I am. It's a situation that's out of my control, I simply cannot take this weekend off. The Jeep is all packed up and I was ready, didn't know that I had to work for sure until around Noon. Even though the 3 days work will be worth well over $1k, it's simply not worth it... I would much rather be camping & exploring the Utah desert. I'm just glad nobody else made plans to join us!

Damn the man! I feel for ya, I just busted out some pretty late nights to keep from losing my plans this weekend. I hate those surprise phone calls!

The good news is you can plan this trip again and I might actually be able to tag along.