Hobart 240 mig welder

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Love my Betamig 250, which is probably the granddaddy of the Ironmans. I’ve had it for 15ish years and got it used from a production fab shop that used it daily for “years and years”. I’m forcing myself to be more proficient with tig so Beta is used less now. Still I love it….and paid like $250 for it. In todays money that would be like $2k so I think your pricing is spot on.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
Why are you getting rid of it? We love our iron man 230 I have had it for almost 15 years
It wasn't precise enough for my cage shop. The 240 came with a default "Run in" setting where the wire speed would only come out at 20% speed until it sensed arc. This Run in "Feature" would cause excessive spatter during tack welding and would make it difficult to start a weld over head, it was virtual impossible the Tack Tack Tack weld like you would want to on thin sheet metal. I cried to miller and got them to come out and replace the board with one that could adjust the Run in. It helped but the welder still had a hard time establishing a smooth weld arc when starting. Even the welding engineer said i was asking a lot out of the Hobart. For the average welder i doubt it would be a problem but on my cages we need the best consistency on our welds and can not have any spatter at all as these are luxury items we produce. Ive had a Hobart 187 for 16 years now and absolutely love it. We took a shot with the Hobart because of the price. Miller used to be only a few hundred bucks more for the blue color. Now a miller is more than double the Hobart equivalent at least it was for the MM252 i replaced it with. Either way i got it sold today for what i wanted.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I ran a mm255 for several years at my last job. I loved how smooth it was. Would love to own one.