Hole in the Rock Plan to Plan thread

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Looks to be a big group!

Don't forget we are only planning to plan. You know half these guys will drop out by the time a date is nailed down:rofl:

Actually this thread was a joke to begin with but only half joking. Mostly I wanted a place to poke fun at Kevin for a minute without completely hijacking your trip report. On that note...Kevin I forgive you and your Toyota doesn't smell any different from any other 80's toyota I've ever smelled...which by the all smell the same:D I suppose I can't hold that smell against you so you can tag along if you want.

Hopefully I can nail down some dates when I can't go. The fall is a long way out so there's plenty of time.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Late April-early May works for me. I'd probably o back in the fall as well

But I won't be home until near the end of April...and this trip is based around ME and only me damnit:D, if I come home and then immediately take a trip away my wife will probably kill me. For those who might not know I've been in Korea since October and now you probably understand. I miss my Jeep almost as much as I miss my wife(just a plug in case she decides to log in and check up on me, she does that sometimes)

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
But I won't be home until near the end of April...and this trip is based around ME and only me damnit:D, if I come home and then immediately take a trip away my wife will probably kill me. For those who might not know I've been in Korea since October and now you probably understand. I miss my Jeep almost as much as I miss my wife(just a plug in case she decides to log in and check up on me, she does that sometimes)

i think you should hole up in a posh hotel with her for a week when you get home and "catch up".

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Woudl the Dmax fit down that trail? Its the only rig I've got and I wanna check this trail out some day

Can't say I'd recommend it, most of the trail you would be fine but there are just so many places where the width, breakover angle and your rear bumper would just be a serious issue. If you were to get stuck out there though it would be a seriously difficult time trying to get your big heavy rig out.

I would be interested in coming. I will be driving my trail rated 10 speed bike as my 80's Toyota is too smelly.

See that's the spirit, leave the smelly Toyota at home and bring something that doesn't smell.

Tonkaman

Can't say I'd recommend it, most of the trail you would be fine but there are just so many places where the width, breakover angle and your rear bumper would just be a serious issue. If you were to get stuck out there though it would be a seriously difficult time trying to get your big heavy rig out.

so so sad...

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
:rofl:

Also Steve's comments in this thread will be ignored since he doesn't like us hijacking his thread

However I will acknowledge Kevin's posts for Brian

Tell Brian that I don't wanna share a trail with his crappy Jeeps that are just gonna break down anyway. But I might have to drag a bunch of reliable-but-smelly Toyotas out there the same weekend just to balance the trail karma.

I'm good for fall. I don't like Maverick's dates, I'll be working both those weekends and it's insanely hard for me to get out of a scheduled weekend. How about the weekend of September 28th?

Caleb

Woudl the Dmax fit down that trail? Its the only rig I've got and I wanna check this trail out some day

Let's plan a dirtbike trip on this trail. In and out in a day. I think it's doable pretty easily on a bike. Fri-Sun type deal. Setup a base camp a few miles in on Friday, then do an in and out the next day starting early, then screw around a little the last day, then pack-up and be out of there Sunday afternoon.

sixstringsteve

Let's plan a dirtbike trip on this trail. In and out in a day. I think it's doable pretty easily on a bike. Fri-Sun type deal. Setup a base camp a few miles in on Friday, then do an in and out the next day starting early, then screw around a little the last day, then pack-up and be out of there Sunday afternoon.

Now THAT I can plan on.

Tonkaman

That sounds like a great idea! I'm definitely in in that ride

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Update: I'm still 100% possible. I'm down to 1 dog and a full size air mattress. Same # bullets.

There is a cafe on the trail, right?

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I'm thinking about thinking about it. All depends on a date, and what my horoscope says. If Jupiter aligns with Mars, all bets are off.

SpeedyVic

I'm in if the timing is right and if the basecamp was strategically located to allow for a smoker bike to make it out and back!

I'll be at the NAXJA 30th Annual Fall Fling in Moab from Oct 10-13.

Caleb

I'm in if the timing is right and if the basecamp was strategically located to allow for a smoker bike to make it out and back!

I'll be at the NAXJA 30th Annual Fall Fling in Moab from Oct 10-13.

I have a harder time leaving work once we get in to Q4, so I'd prefer to do a spring ride. I think we could get in far enough that a 2T would make it no problem (especially with a desert tank).