Hole in the Rock Plan to Plan thread

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Anyone still interested and want to lock down some dates?

mbryson has begun a conversation elsewhere proposing to run HITR in October, specifically from the 16th to the 19th. I have arranged to get this time off work and have expressed my interest in going, but last night my wife said she and I need to sit down and plan out every proposed trip/time off for the next 16 months... which means I might not be able to make it. We'll see.

How does that date work for you?

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I'll have to sit down and figure some stuff out with the wife. We have a wedding to go to in PA in the beginning of October and a trip to Oregon to plan as well but should hopefully be able to squeeze in a trip.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Can we make it our next RME project? :D

I'm down, I think that's a great idea. Unfortunately I wouldn't have any idea who to contact with the BLM to get it arranged on their end, and I don't have any experience to know what would need to be done to make a safe and semi-permanent repair. If there's anybody willing to provide that knowledge and expertise, I'm more than willing to do whatever I can to help organize, and I'm willing to be grunt labor when the time comes.

I expect that any sort of organized effort through the BLM will rapidly turn into another Big Ridge.

DAA

Is it even really washed out? I've heard that a couple guys that have run HITR many times, that have seen the pictures and have run it since then, said the spot in question is the same as it has always been?

Haven't been there myself for a couple of years now, so really am asking the question, not providing any answers.

- DAA

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Is it even really washed out? I've heard that a couple guys that have run HITR many times, that have seen the pictures and have run it since then, said the spot in question is the same as it has always been?

Haven't been there myself for a couple of years now, so really am asking the question, not providing any answers.

- DAA

x2, as of late April:

"I just got back from HitR. The spot that has been mentioned as washed out is fine. We took 7 vehicles through there. The shortest with 88 inch wheelbase and the longest with 110 inch wheelbase. They all made it with out any problems. It is a little tippy to climb up on the step, but no more than it has been in my recent memory."
http://www.expeditionutah.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35252&postcount=61

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
mbryson has begun a conversation elsewhere proposing to run HITR in October, specifically from the 16th to the 19th. I have arranged to get this time off work and have expressed my interest in going, but last night my wife said she and I need to sit down and plan out every proposed trip/time off for the next 16 months... which means I might not be able to make it. We'll see.

How does that date work for you?

Most of those days fall on my new days off, the only day I would have to take off would be Wednesday which shouldn't be a problem. I'll request it off tomorrow and see what happens

I'd love to hit it with you and Marc.... be cool if Brian could join as well

DAA

Too hot anytime soon for me. And I'm booked solid early Sep. through late Jan. But I've been wanting to do HITR again, had planned on doing it solo this spring but ended up having surgery instead :(.

All that to say, it's a long way off yet, but never too early to start thinking about it - I'd like to do HITR next spring.

- DAA