Trip Report Hole in The Rock

jems07

A group of six gladiators and one wrangler spent three nights down in hole in the rock trail! This trail was nothing short of amazing!

Overall conditions were great. We encountered rain on the return trip and had trouble getting up that steep ledge after coming down from greys mesa. We ended up having to winch up a majority of the group since it was slick and the stock gladiators were dragging belly due to their length

Our team consisted of two gladiators and a wrangler on 37s and approx 3.5” lift, a Mojave on 35s, a rubicon on 33s and 2” lift, a stock willies, and a stock sport S on rubicon coils.

86341026-B721-4C42-B947-09CD05AA6E7C.jpegDCBD8209-C0E9-4B41-BD1D-D4D793DF6041.jpeg7B87FA16-F7F7-4DA8-8D1B-53585B4B1405.jpegF565B6BF-4B96-47BC-A80C-3316213EE554.jpeg

jems07

That looks like a blast! Interesting about the winching being needed, must have been just slick enough. Thanks for sharing!

Agreed! i think maybe stacking the rocks bt the base better would have worked too.
It was the stock gladiators that needed it the most.

Is it normally not too bad to go up? The wrangler did great and had no issues, but the gladiators all struggled going up after the rain.

E4B3FA31-561A-440A-A9C8-6D310A27EC3F.jpeg

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Agreed! i think maybe stacking the rocks bt the base better would have worked too.
It was the stock gladiators that needed it the most.

Is it normally not too bad to go up? The wrangler did great and had no issues, but the gladiators all struggled going up after the rain.

View attachment 159309

I haven't done it in my Gladiator, but when I did run HITR it was dry. That spot required a good line and a bit of a bump.

rholbrook

I think Caleb would disagree with your assessment. :rofl:
That’s right, I forgot all about me having to ride his bike out and he got to ride in my jeep. That trip was miserable, I really think my tent moved a foot or two during the night because the wind was blowing so hard. I felt bad for you and Caleb that night