How about a Shop and Fabrication Area on the forum?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'll think about it and talk it over with Shane & the Mods, but we've always used the Tech Talk area for Fab work. Woodworking doesn't really fall under the scope of the site though.

Greg

Admin
I like the idea of a shop forum. The tech forum and gen 4x4 seem to have the same types of threads in both of them.

Your last sentence is one of the reason's I'm hesitant, we've tried to keep subjects in the right area and adding another similar forum seems like it'll just add to the confusion of what goes where.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I like the "Shop" forum idea... But what it's more like "Shop & Tooling" instead of "Fabrication"? Fabrication ideas, techniques, etc fit too well in Tech. But talking about shops and tools that we use in a general sense could work as its own area.

Greg

Admin
I like the "Shop" forum idea... But what it's more like "Shop & Tooling" instead of "Fabrication"? Fabrication ideas, techniques, etc fit too well in Tech. But talking about shops and tools that we use in a general sense could work as its own area.

That makes more sense, I could get behind that.

Where would it fall, under the 4 Wheel Drive category, with General Discussion, Tech Talk, etc? Or a sub-forum under General Disc?