how bout a stock class in the rockcrawling competitions!

RockRoach

Here's an idea....to add a stock division/class in the rockcrawling competitions... open diffs required, no lifts, or modifications allowed. That would add an interesting element to the rockcrawls. I would enjoy watching stock rigs attempt dificult climbs just as much as watching the super built rock buggies. The obstacles would obviously have to be easier for the stock class, but still hard enough to create some carnage and entertainment. Just a thought i had while lying in bed, i'm sure many people have had the same thought before, what do you guys think about this idea?

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
RCAA is already toying with a modified stock class. There was a similar thread on this board on this topic as well. do a search and see if you can find it.

Personally, It would be fun for the drivers, and not too expensive, but as a spectator, I prefer tough obstacles that require at least one locker. As a spectator, I like to walk up to an obstacle and be awed before even seeing a rig near it. I think the obstacles required for open diffs wouldn't get any spectator attention.

Floppy Hat

mbryson's hairdresser
The problem with a "stock" class is that there aren't that many people willing to enter. The promoters are already having a hard time filling their Modified Stock classes. CalROCS had an event this past weekend in which there was 1 Modified Stock rig. UROC and EROCC are the only organizations getting a decent number of non-unlimited competitors and that is because their Legends Class isn't as restrictive as the others' Modified Stock classes.

There was an event last May after the UROC Cedar City event called Stock Rock. I beleive the limits were 33's, stock frame, and something else. It was a complete flop, with very few competitors.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
you are more than welcome to organize something yourself. Start a new organization and have extremely limited rules so you can get people with the tow rigs out there playing for pennies.....I would come play....keep tires under 33's and keep full frames. other than that, knock yourself out!!