How do you paint your engines?

Hey guys. So I have to strip this cummins down and I want to repaint it. I know some of you have done this before so I want to know what products you guys are using and how you do it.

I would like to paint it a glossy grey color.

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
For the parts exposed to high heat I used some semi-gloss black BBQ paint rated for 1200* intermittent.
For the parts in cooler areas I'm using DupliColor ceramic engine paint rated for 500*

Prep was a thorough degrease with a quick trip though the bead blaster and then another wipe down.
20191001_085824.jpg

4x4_Welder

I've had good success with a thorough Simple Green bath, wire brush loose areas, and paint with the engine paint from Oreillys. I did my FE in Ford grey, with the heads in the aluminum color. I painted my VW and Ford IDI in green though. I wish they had a darker green.

astjp2

When I painted the Hemi, I just used DP40 primer and bought some PPG single component which cost me about $245 for a pint, but it was a custom mix using the 1968 formula...if your engine is liquid cooled, you dont have to have high temp paint, that is a myth, many modern paints are cured at 200 degree farenheit and a liquid cooled engine is very stable in temps so not really an issue. Tim