South-West Utah Hunter Canyon, Moab - Anyone have a GPS track or good description?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I've ran Pritchett many times over the years and have never gone thru Hunter canyon! I didn't realize it was an option and I'd be willing to bet that most people that run Pritchett have done the same thing.

I've run Hunter a few times when getting off Pritchett late at night.... not exactly ideal when you're just wanting to move on out and get back to town. I do like the canyon. I don't know if I've been in it since I had an XJ?

RockChucker

I've ran Pritchett many times over the years and have never gone thru Hunter canyon! I didn't realize it was an option and I'd be willing to bet that most people that run Pritchett have done the same thing.
I meant to say every time I’ve run behind the rocks. I have gone that way out the top of Pritchett one time. Makes me wonder what the real route of behind the rocks is?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I meant to say every time I’ve run behind the rocks. I have gone that way out the top of Pritchett one time. Makes me wonder what the real route of behind the rocks is?

Gotcha! I had Pritchett on my mind when I replied! :D

According to the Charles Wells Moab book, the standard route is running Behind the Rocks starting at 191, going down Whiteknuckle Hill, into Hunter Canyon and probably back out on the county road.