Hunting Season Opened for us

ID Bronco

You dont need a gun for grouse. I get a couple a year on my dirt bike. For some reason, they like to run on the trails and not fly off. Almost got two earlier in the month near Stanley.
True, when you start killing them with your dirtbike on the wing I'll really be impressed. It's a great way to get myself, my kids and my dog in shape for sharptail, pheasant and sage grouse.

Pile of parts

Excellent! It's so cool to see you out fishing and hunting with your kids. Our season started August 1 with my son's oryx hunt. He fill that tag on the 7th. Tomorrow is the dove opener though, so we'll get back to it.
Let's see that oryx. Good luck with the doves! I'm guessing you have both, white wing and mourning.

ID Bronco

Just got back from a trip to WY to hunt sage grouse. Fewer birds than in years past, but we hunted later in the season than before and I think they were just more dispersed.

I took my 13 year old son with us too this year, he did well although he did not get a shot.

Lot's of miles walked. Boot leather finds birds.

20210926_081350.jpg20210926_080814.jpg20210926_080507.jpg

ID Bronco

Oscar. Like the aquarium fish. I'm guessing non native?

Yes, or at least similar, I don't know anything about aquarium fish. The guy I was with said it was a $120 fish at the pet store.

They were quite aggressive and fought hard. Not many of them in the system that we found but they are pretty cool.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Our hunting season has gone well for us. I've managed some grouse and helped the kids with filling their muzzleloader tags. We had a chance to go on private land for the bow hunt and part of the muzzleloader hunt but the kids had to contend with way too many cows and they didn't see anything with antlers. So I told my son to try a small canyon on public land that I had seen lots of deer sign in during my grouse expeditions. My son ended up getting a 25.5" 3x4 buck. There was a 2 point running with his so he took my 13 yr old grandson up a few days later to find the 2 point. The two point escaped them but my son saw another buck hiding in the brush so they stalked in on that one. He shot and hit it but it ran over the hill into some thick nasty stuff. They could see it was a really nice one but they ran out of daylight (after school trip) and didn't want to scare it any more. They went up the next day and after a lot of tracking they found it. It was a really nice 24.5 inch 4 point. My granddaughter had the last muzzleloader tag so they went up again after school and she picked off a spike on the last day.

ID Bronco

Our hunting season has gone well for us. I've managed some grouse and helped the kids with filling their muzzleloader tags. We had a chance to go on private land for the bow hunt and part of the muzzleloader hunt but the kids had to contend with way too many cows and they didn't see anything with antlers. So I told my son to try a small canyon on public land that I had seen lots of deer sign in during my grouse expeditions. My son ended up getting a 25.5" 3x4 buck. There was a 2 point running with his so he took my 13 yr old grandson up a few days later to find the 2 point. The two point escaped them but my son saw another buck hiding in the brush so they stalked in on that one. He shot and hit it but it ran over the hill into some thick nasty stuff. They could see it was a really nice one but they ran out of daylight (after school trip) and didn't want to scare it any more. They went up the next day and after a lot of tracking they found it. It was a really nice 24.5 inch 4 point. My granddaughter had the last muzzleloader tag so they went up again after school and she picked off a spike on the last day.
Let's see these bucks!