Hunts applications coming due.

Houndoc

Don't forget, only 1 week until the Utah big game hunt deadline (unless you are putting in for the same hunts I am, and thus decreasing my draw odds. In that case, feel free to miss the deadline )

airmanwilliams

I just put in for Moose today and in for elk points. Never hunted in my life so this will be interesting. Doubtful ill get it but would be fun. I guess I better get a gun and a few other things now haha as well as make some strong friends.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
I just put in for Moose today and in for elk points. Never hunted in my life so this will be interesting. Doubtful ill get it but would be fun. I guess I better get a gun and a few other things now haha as well as make some strong friends.
You should put in for general deer as well, especially if you've never hunted. Get some experience before going after that once in a lifetime moose. I'm sure there are lots of us who hunt that would be more than happy to take you out.

airmanwilliams

You should put in for general deer as well, especially if you've never hunted. Get some experience before going after that once in a lifetime moose. I'm sure there are lots of us who hunt that would be more than happy to take you out.

Im thinking about it. The thing that makes me nervous is I cant really afford to go through all the processing and such right now and if I drew for dear and being my first I would obviously have to get a mount.

airmanwilliams

Well I decided to put in for dear also tonight. I put in the 4/5/6 for my first and wasatch for my second choice. So all in all I did Moose in Cache, Elk points, and Deer in 4/5/6 or Wasatch.

Houndoc

I also dont know ANYTHING about hunting really and wouldnt know where to put in and what I would need besides a cleaning kit and a gun.

Sure there are plenty of folks here who would let you tag along. I was going to suggest you put in for Central Mountains and if you draw can join us. Make more sense to start with deer then moose anyway (lot cheaper to mount.)

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
I Put in with my son on the general, Wasatch West... he hasn't hunted for a couple years so I'm banking on that. Also Henry mtn management and rifle as a second and Timp mtn goat. I will probably have the same results as the last 10 years and draw a general tag only.

clfrnacwby

Recovery Addict
Got all my applications submitted as well. I'm sticking with all general muzzy hunts this year - rifle was absolutely ridiculous.

airmanwilliams

When do they normally start taking money out of your account for these guys? I need to make sure I transfer money from my savings at that time and not much earlier so the wife spends it.