Hydro boost?

B

Bustedjeep

Thinking about converting to Hydro boost.
I have such low engine vacum that the brakes leave alot to be desired.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Alright. Do it. Hydroboost works well.

But I'd make sure it's not a band-aid for other issues first.

This^ What kind of rig is this on? What kind of brakes are your running? Do you know the master cylinder size? I am pretty happy with the manual brakes i run on my buggy.

Can you fit a bigger or dual brake diaphragm vacuum booster?

B

Bustedjeep

This^ What kind of rig is this on? What kind of brakes are your running? Do you know the master cylinder size? I am pretty happy with the manual brakes i run on my buggy.

Can you fit a bigger or dual brake diaphragm vacuum booster?
This is on a 94 Jeep XJ. The engine only gives 13" of vacum, so I think hydro is my only choice.

thenag

I am not sure if the 94's booster is different, but I am running a master cylinder for a 1998 Dodge Ram 2500. I needed to make a custom pushrod which is a grade 8 bolt cut to length and then a SS sleeve on it just in case it wants to bend. If I remember right the bigger MC is only required to push more fluid for my big ass brakes...

Years ago I read the Pirate4x4 brake bible several times and hydro boost is the bomb diggity so if you can make it work great, but if the rest of the system is stock you probably ought to do some other upgrades too. The WJ brake and knuckle upgrade seems to be pretty good upgrade for the money, better brakes, better steering in one upgrade that you can buy parts at Napa for...

Nathan

B

Bustedjeep

Before the Stroker engine I had great brakes! installed a brand new vacuum booster. And a vacuum reservoir. Helped a little but not enough.

So tonight I ordered a kit for Hydro Boost. Already have a performance pump from PSC.

B

Bustedjeep

Well I'm not going hydro boost. Don't order a damn thing from a place called sweeting performance! All he did was take my $$$ $465 and refused to deliver the hydroboost!
The hell with it! Man I hate dealing with worthless lowlife trash! I ordered it on 4/24/18 and still nothing!

B

Bustedjeep

What reason is he giving you for the runaround?
Not giving any reason, just being a douschebag! And now after getting my credit card company involved, he sent it. But I'm going to refuse it and get my $$$ back!

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
I got the Vanco CJ replacement booster long time ago and he was coolto work with. Since then Van left and some relative is running the shop. Heard that it’s a shit show now.

DAA

^^^^^ Hate to hear that.

Maybe try dealing with Blaine at Black Magic. I've only dealt with him a couple times, bought pads, rotors and calipers, but he was easy to work with and everything shipped when he said it would. Knows his Jeep brakes, that is for sure.

- DAA