I am not a smart man.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I decided to be a tough guy and do a little welding job with regular leather gloves instead of welding gloves. They handled the heat fine, but I burned my forearms twice on hot metal. Decided I'd had enough of that, put on the welding gloves, and now the cuffs are rubbing on the burns.

I am not smart.

Magerdgr

Have gun, will travel
I once welded half the day using only safety glasses. Burned the heck out of my face everywhere except where the glasses were because they were UV blocking. Clear… but UV blocking. I too make bad choices.

J-mobzz

60D6B9D6-B373-4AAB-B53E-8C24BC017EC4.jpegI’ve never owned a pair of actual welding gloves. If im doing lots of welding I’ll throw on half sleeves but I much prefer the thinner leather work gloves.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
It's amaizing how many burns it took for me to stop welding in flip flops. At least you wised up first time :D

I have scars on my feet from welding in flip flops.
Also, once... while fixing a guys trailer in my garage... while wearing flip flops, I managed to burn my left foot, and almost immediately after, I walked directly into a floor jack and broke my right foot.

I wasn't able to wear flip flops in the garage for about 6 weeks!

Sometimes I possess a Biden level of intellect.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I’m probably the odd one out but I’m a welding jacket/gloves/long pants w/no holes/ welding cap kind of guy when it comes to MIG. I can’t stand when I am focusing on what I’m doing and that random spatterball distracts me.

I have also resorted to always using hearing plugs and safety glasses when grinding. I decided I don’t want to be deaf or blind when I’m older.
I'm much better about hearing protection since I switched to muffs over plugs. I need to be better about safety glasses though.