I can't believe noone has mentioned...

embabe

My own epidemic!
Harry Potter! Um... yeah... maybe I'm the only one on here that has read it though... :ugh: :eek: That would be a first! It's an absolute epidemic!

Anywho... the Half Blood Prince is an AWESOME BOOK!!!! :D :freak:I loved it! In fact, I cried through most of the end of it.... I sense a trend with things I love... And when they make a movie of it, I'm sure I'll cry then too! ;) :D Although, the movie of this one will probably have to be rated at least a PG-13... kinda gruesome and a little bit scary....

ace

Parts Collector
I read it. I wonder what the purpose is of the death of the important character will play in the next book. After all, Harry's mother's death was like a shield to him. I just have to think that there was a purpose. I love this series. I told my wife there was no way I would ever like these books when she was on number 3, but she convinced me to listen to Jim Dale's book on tape and have been hooked ever since.

p.s. I still think the certain professor is on the good side, or perhaps a Judas figure? Ohh can't wait for the next one. :eek:

mesha

By endurance we conquer
not flamming on anyone! my wife loves these books as do many of my friends. got in an argument with one of them about the reading level of these books. What grade level do you think these are on? some people think the level is going up as harry gets older? I thought about 5th or 6th grade. what do you think?

DrMoab

mesha said:
not flamming on anyone! my wife loves these books as do many of my friends. got in an argument with one of them about the reading level of these books. What grade level do you think these are on? some people think the level is going up as harry gets older? I thought about 5th or 6th grade. what do you think?
Its hard to say but I know my 14YO son...who has no interest in anything but his stupid video games pretty much learned to read just to read these books.
He fails at almost everything in school yet his reading skills are always way above grade level for him. It makes me wonder how many other kids have been inspired to read because of these books.

BTW I am reading right now and even know I am only 100 pages into it I already knows who dies

Some JackA$$ in another jeep forum took a pic of the page and didn't warn anyone what he was showing...Pissed me of royal!

Last edited:

embabe

My own epidemic!
It didn't?? :eek: :eek:
I was seriously emotionally involved by the end of the book. Sure, it didn't move as fast as most of the others, but I felt like it gave a LOT of depth to the story and filled in some of the sketchier details.. ie: Tom Riddles history and how the beginning of book 4 fit in. It was like *click*!

As for the reading/writing level... that's the amazing part about JK Rowling's skills. She writes on so many different levels. Her writing is literarily and grammatically sound. So much to the point that when I walked into my first day of AP english we actually analyzed part of Book 4 as it had just come out that summer! Of course, she's no Josef Conrad or Shakespeare, but she has made literary history in her own magical way. Amazing I tell ya... :freak:

As for having the surprise spoiled for you... that sucks! I'm still in shock from it, and I can't wait to re-read 4, 5, and then 6 again to see what I can find by way of foreshadowing and indications of which side the betrayer is truly on... that bit in the beginning with the unbreakable vow really threw me off... :confused:

embabe

My own epidemic!
I wouldn't dream of ruining anything for anyone! That would be downright mean... and I don't like mean people! ;) But if anyone wants to discuss anything... let me know! :p

Like I said earlier though... might want to keep kleenex handy toward the end...

britney

Queen of Chit!!
embabe said:
I wouldn't dream of ruining anything for anyone! That would be downright mean... and I don't like mean people! ;) But if anyone wants to discuss anything... let me know! :p

Like I said earlier though... might want to keep kleenex handy toward the end...
That's what I've heard. I would be furhter but I wanted to get thru 5 again first. I hope to be done by the end of this week and then we can discuss.

rrefx

Wow, missed this post. I've read it twice now, and am on my second go with the CD's. The only Harry Potter book I liked more was the Prisoner of Azkaban, although my favorite chapter is out of the last one. I still crack up thinking about Fred and George and the swamp. I think this was some of her finest work. I've got tons of theories and hate not being able to discuss it. I'll PM you embabe. :)

Ryan

Last edited:

embabe

My own epidemic!
Wow... now I feel all special that people want to talk to me! :freak:

Or maybe I just had a really crappy day at work and that really cheered me up that someone wanted to talk about something that was on MY mind for once...