• Side-Jobs Forum Rules:
    • No requests related to 4x4, offroad, or any services already provided by vendors who support RME and make this site possible. If you are seeking these types of services, please post in a General 4x4 or another approriate forum.
    • No requests related to morally questionable or illegal activities
    • Any requests here may be removed at any time at the discretion of the moderators

I do Minor Drywall Patch/Repair - 8 years experience

HamRover

Level 1 dirt flinger
Many people do their own patches, and that is great. However, if yours aren't turning out so great, or you are unsure of your skills....

Experience:

In a former life I was the main drywall patch/repair/warranty work for a drywall contractor that finished as many as 300 houses per year. I can match most textures, some better than others. For walls I can do smooth, orange peel, old-world, santa fe, or [fill in the blank of your favorite name of hand-thrown wall textures here]. For ceilings I am best at brush and hawk-knockdown. I am NOT good at matching that ceiling texture with the sandy crap in it, good luck with that. I have probably finished over 2500 patches.

Job Size:
I do not always have a ton of time, but when I am not super busy I don't mind picking up a small job here and there. With sheetrock - time and man hours is the name of the game - and time is something I do not have a lot of right now. I am happy to do even up to 4 or 5 patches in one house if they aren't too large. Remodels and basement or new bedroom finishes are more than I have time for right now, sorry. Also, I hate working with lathe and plaster - I prefer to stay away from that.

Price:
PM me with
1. The location of the job (city is good enough),
2. Pictures (including something of known size for relativity)
3. Name the type of texture for the finish (if you know),
4. Let me know when the job is accessible,
5. And what your timeline is.

I will respond with whether I can get to it at all, and with at very least a ball park price estimate.

P.S. I am not as good as this guy, so don't get your hopes up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqwgB9A6teY