I don't get why these vendors......

chevtech

Seasoned Mall Cruiser
come on here and make such a ruckus.

:rolleyes:

Seriously.

They all need to take note how the successful vendors on Pirate operate. They are helpful, and humble and get the respect they deserve because of it. I would never consider using any of the vendors here who have come on here and made a huge stink about something. It shows an unprofessional attitude and lack of respect for those around them. People take note of the ones that don't get involved in the BS that goes on around here and will ultimately end up with the companies that have earned their respect, not the ones that try and ram it down your throat.

Just a quick business tip if you want to earn someone's trust, respect, and ultimately their business.

Rant off.

Caleb

I agree, and infact I have zero grudge against any of the shops around Salt Lake but after this last week I now have two shops on my list to never do business with, one of which I have used in the past. I think the fact that I have recently built a buggy (spending many thousands of dollars) shows that I am willing to really spend the money, but they wont be getting any of it...and FWIW in the next year or two my wife and I plan to build another buggy. It gets kinda rediculous, there are some VERY simple rules in place to make it fair for all vendors but yet some just think the rules aren't for them... :rolleyes:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
not everyone needs a hug from their vendor....remember that. Just because someone speaks their mind, does not mean they make an inferior product or dont treat their customers just as good.

There is a distinct difference to treating someone nice to make a buck off of them and just doing a good job for the customer and letting the work speak for itself.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
spencurai said:
not everyone needs a hug from their vendor....remember that. Just because someone speaks their mind, does not mean they make an inferior product or dont treat their customers just as good.

There is a distinct difference to treating someone nice to make a buck off of them and just doing a good job for the customer and letting the work speak for itself.

Great, but would you patronize a company who's owner will go so far as to create a second account pretending to be someone else, stir up some comments, then go in and pimp his service and product----then be so bold as to pretend it was a 'friend' that wanted to tell of his experience, even though a week earlier this 'friend' didn't even know the shop in question existed?

I won't buy from a business that takes part in unethical business practices. It's only a matter of time before you get burned by it.

It's your dollar. Spend it where you want. Caveat emptor.

Cody

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
chevtech said:
They all need to take note how the successful vendors on Pirate operate.

UH, problem is the people stirring up things are not even vendors...There was not a single thing said buy any of RME's vendors in any of the posts...just people who want to be vendors for free....Support the bb people!! (after all its only 50 buck's to be a vendor :rolleyes: ) Bill, why not just pay the fifty bucks and get setup...Problem solved... :)

Last edited:

Caleb

1\4elliptic toy said:
UH, problem is the people stirring up things are not even vendors...There was not a single thing said buy any of RME's vendors in any of the posts...just people who want to be vendors for free....Support the bb people!! (after all its only 50 buck's to be a vendor :rolleyes: ) Bill, why not just pay the fifty bucks and get setup...Problem solved... :)

:rofl: good point:D

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Cody said:
Great, but would you patronize a company who's owner will go so far as to create a second account pretending to be someone else, stir up some comments, then go in and pimp his service and product----then be so bold as to pretend it was a 'friend' that wanted to tell of his experience, even though a week earlier this 'friend' didn't even know the shop in question existed?

I won't buy from a business that takes part in unethical business practices. It's only a matter of time before you get burned by it.

It's your dollar. Spend it where you want. Caveat emptor.

Cody

This latest example is not the first time a shop has made up anouther user name and done the same thing. Think back a little. The first shop that did it seems to be accepted by the board now, and you are friends with them as well. Many on the board are acting like a bunch of high school kids trying to fit in to the popular crowd. We all need to grow up and get over it. Stop the hating. Can't we all just get along.

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
bobdog said:
This latest example is not the first time a shop has made up anouther user name and done the same thing. Think back a little. The first shop that did it seems to be accepted by the board now, and you are friends with them as well. Many on the board are acting like a bunch of high school kids trying to fit in to the popular crowd. We all need to grow up and get over it. Stop the hating. Can't we all just get along.

I think we need a link to said thread.....(all the cool kids are doing it!!!)

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I've been here since day 1 (back when we were 'extremeists :D ) and i don't remember anything similar happening?

Cody

Klif01

Do I bother you?
Wow, I don't visit the chit chat section in a couple weeks, and come back...every one is bitching about somthing....I thought I was done with high school...

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Maybe Superjeeper will speak up. He is the one the checked the ISP #s out and determined what was going on. I remember it well. I dont really care it is not that big of a deal. Just seems to me like the thing to do around here lately is to pile on and beat people while they are down.

chevtech

Seasoned Mall Cruiser
bobdog said:
Just seems to me like the thing to do around here lately is to pile on and beat people while they are down.

I made no specific reference, that was not what I was intending. I simply want to point out that the people who seem to garner the most repect are not the ones in their battling for their product or trying to pimp it at every possible opportunity. They are the humble, helpful, respectful people that earn my respect and business.

Maybe I'm the only one that does business that way, but I don't think so.

:cool:

Caleb

bobdog said:
Maybe Superjeeper will speak up. He is the one the checked the ISP #s out and determined what was going on. I remember it well. I dont really care it is not that big of a deal. Just seems to me like the thing to do around here lately is to pile on and beat people while they are down.

I remember the exact reference you are refering to...BUT I dont remember the thread. I do know (from notes;) ) that nothing was proven other than they had exact IPs (that jsut means they were taking turns posting ro whatever)...their posting styles (grammar, etc) were totally different, unlike this particular instance...also that was prolly a year or so ago (maybe even more) and since then we have had rule changes which include the use of AE's and pimping your shop...

one last thing, after this shop in question was warned they quit pimping their stuff all together...and most of the workers at that shop at the time are no longer even there;) so there is no reason to drag them into this...

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
bobdog said:
umm if this superjeeper you speak of is someones sign on name then the sopposed super jeeper doesnt exsist.
so if im getting this right then i dont think superjeeper is going to speak up
:D

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
SUPERFLY said:
umm if this superjeeper you speak of is someones sign on name then the sopposed super jeeper doesnt exsist.
so if im getting this right then i dont think superjeeper is going to speak up
:D
oh crap! i get it now, hahaha :p my bad!