I don't get why these vendors......

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
BlackSheep said:
Bill,
Greg has spoken up for you and given you a temporary reprieve. Therefore, I have not put in effect the ban on your account.

Thanks for understanding JD.

Bill, be cautious with your posts & ask questions if you need to, but don't push the rules.

Last edited:

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
richpblaze said:
Is there a special place for businesses other than rock crawling on this site. If not there should be. I would be willing to pay for advertising as I'm sure many other busines people on the board would be as well.
i work at a car detailing shop(i wont say the name or address, dont wanna "pimp" it out) it would be a great place for people to bring there rigs to get cleaned after a long trail. im sure my boss would gladly fork up some cash for some addvertising :D would it be the same 50 dollars? (is it 50 dollars? thats just what i heard)

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
SUPERFLY said:
i work at a car detailing shop(i wont say the name or address, dont wanna "pimp" it out) it would be a great place for people to bring there rigs to get cleaned after a long trail. im sure my boss would gladly fork up some cash for some addvertising :D would it be the same 50 dollars? (is it 50 dollars? thats just what i heard)

We're hammering out all the details as we speak... give us a couple weeks & we'll have full info for everyone. Thanks! :)

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Billforceone said:
Can they build a chassis in 24 hours and have it shipped with one guy doing the work.
They can build it in about six hours. Who cares how many guys are working on it, it is still lees than your chassis, and built faster.
Billforceone said:
I started work at 3am and go home at about 6pm.
Big deal, I started at 2:30 am. Can your dad beat up my dad?

NW-sickboy

RockMonkey said:
Right here. :) Why?

i stated i was curious.... the interenet is an easy place to say whatever you want and not back it up .... dont take this out of context. it goes both ways. i dont know how many people bill has met either but he is the main subject.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
NW-sickboy said:
i stated i was curious.... the interenet is an easy place to say whatever you want and not back it up .... dont take this out of context. it goes both ways. i dont know how many people bill has met either but he is the main subject.

I've met him. He is a nice guy.

The internet is an easy place to come off as a complete Jerk...Ask me how I know.

The truth is most people are completely different when you meet them in person.

NW-sickboy

spencurai said:
I've met him. He is a nice guy.

The truth is most people are completely different when you meet them in person.

i think this pretty much sums it up... its sometimes hard to be understood in a setting like this. especially if someone is not on the internet much.....

FWIW i spread my business around quite abit. rock logic saved me big time last week when they took the extra time too rebuild a part instead of getting a new one.

i have given work to brandon and dont regret it

I have also given ALOT of work to HOLESHOT lately. they have been extremely stand up and have stood behind thier work. Bill is in the shop often and has been helpful.He actually came and got my rig with a trailer so some work could be done on it, he only charged me gas and the work wasnt even being done by him. They have warrantied parts for me and gone well beyond my expectations of what a shop would do .....

I think its unfortunate that its come to this. My mind hasnt changed because of this because i think the real test was how was the work done, was it reasonably priced, did they stand behind their work and was it done in a reasonable amount of time. I think those should be the tests.

its also unfortunate that ideas cant always be expressed the way we want them to be expressed on here. its obvouis bill isnt in front of a computer much. I am not in front of a bender much so to me it evens out.

seems pretty sillly to nickel and dime some people for 50 bucks or whatever a vender fee here is. then they can speak freely about how too's and what they have to offer whithout all this nonsense....

well ......... hmm i think thats it......

btw.... seems a thanks sould be to all who give freely of thier time to keep such a great site up. .....THANKS

Caleb

NW-sickboy said:
seems pretty sillly to nickel and dime some people for 50 bucks or whatever a vender fee here is. then they can speak freely about how too's and what they have to offer whithout all this nonsense....

well ......... hmm i think thats it......

btw.... seems a thanks sould be to all who give freely of thier time to keep such a great site up. .....THANKS

well, you do like the site right? and you do like it when it loads quickly right? these things among other features of the board are not free and cost money...thats what the "silly" vendor fees goes towards...$50 bucks is $50 bucks no matter how you look at it and supporting the board is supporting the board...seems pretty simple...I have recently exchanged emails with a vendor from the board, waynehartwig, and I am looking for some parts and went to him to see what he could do for me, at the end of my email I thanked him for supporting the board as a paying vendor and this was his reply...

waynehartwig said:
Yes, I have signed up as a vendor. Not specifically for the sales end, but to support local 4 wheelin'. I'm also signed up with U4WDA as a business, too. I'm not sure if I will advertise with them either, because of the same reason - supporting the local 4 wheelin' clubs and their efforts in keeping trails open.

If thats not stand-up I dont know what is. having this board around helps to keep trails open, it helps to educate people (both new and old), and it helps to inform people of meetings, law changes, etc...anyone thats not willing to support this is not helping our case ;)

BTW, I have also met Bill before...met him a few times at comps.