I finally gave in...

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
I gave in and bought a SXS, but it’s a 50” machine so it doesn’t count!! LOL it will never replace my Samurai but I can’t wait to see if I like it better than a 4 wheeler. It is a new Can-Am Maverick Trail 1000 dps. I was pretty intrigued when I first saw one online, it took me a whole week to put together $4k so my wife would let me buy it.

I’ll post my first impressions after a weekend with it but I’m so excited I can’t make myself work!
8631B47B-9D2D-47A0-9BB9-0702B5B453CC.jpeg

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Love mine!

20180420_141219-L.jpg

X-D

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I can't speak for the other guys, I don't really have any seat time in other machines. Robby Gordon was heavily involved in the development of the Wildcat XX and it's certainly built for his type of offroading. There are no bumps for me in this machine.

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
I must say that I am very impressed, it is purpose built for the trails and does tightly fit through a 50" gate... Very smooth ride and plenty of power on tap, I will repeat plenty of power. I love the selectable rear locker for trail riding and i definity put this machine to the test today, including onto its side once. :eek:

pELYgroso

'Merica
We got a sxs (Teryx4) a couple years ago and really enjoyed it but had our third kid in December. We then bought the JKU because it fits the whole crew comfortably and the sxs hasn't seen really any use this year. How many of you with 3 kids use a sxs? I'm thinking of selling it. I hate to see it just sitting.

We did miss "wheeling" and the 4x4 community feel during outings with multiple rigs that you just don't get with a sxs much because all the sxs's just zoom around on their own without the "stop to watch" at every obstacle.

Have any of you had these same thoughts?

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Speaking of zooming around,

I am always curious if it is built into the programing of the SXS to automatically gun it and throw sand/rocks all over my rig, family, etc, when I am nice enough to yield the trail to them because I understand they will travel faster than I usually want to go... :-/

***Cough*** Dixie 4 wheel drive ***Cough*** A$$HOLE kid ***

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Speaking of zooming around,

I am always curious if it is built into the programing of the SXS to automatically gun it and throw sand/rocks all over my rig, family, etc, when I am nice enough to yield the trail to them because I understand they will travel faster than I usually want to go... :-/

***Cough*** Dixie 4 wheel drive ***Cough*** A$$HOLE kid ***

This happens all the damn time. I'm sick of it. I know it's a "few bad apples" kind of thing but good hell. The lack of camaraderie in the general population of sxs crews sucks. It's almost as if they just went and got a loan and became an offroad pro overnight.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
This happens all the damn time. I'm sick of it. I know it's a "few bad apples" kind of thing but good hell. The lack of camaraderie in the general population of sxs crews sucks. It's almost as if they just went and got a loan and became an offroad pro overnight.

There isn't a lot of trail ettiquete in the SXS world yet. :(

I try to give them the benefit of a doubt and consider them all newbies, but there is A LOT of newbies...