I hate Craigslist Lowballers...

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I mostly just don't list stuff anymore. List it here, give it away or throw it away.

Reminds me though, I have a pair of KC fog lights that just came off my LJ, 100w halogen, still work perfectly fine. $20 from someone here or I'm just throwing them away.

- DAA

This is me now, if it doesn't sell on RME I don't try and sell anymore i'm fed up with KSL trolls

That being said would you take $5 :rofl:

Hardcastle

Maybe I’m just callused but the annoying classified ad trolls don’t bother me too much. I guess I just accepted that it will happen and ignore them. They rarely get a response out of me. I do happen to add each one of their phone numbers to my “KSL Butthole” contact in my phone. It’s funny to see a repeat “customer” pop up every now and again.

I do have one story that really pissed me off. Years ago for a few weeks I attempted to sell a camper/truck as a combo rather than split them up. The truck was setup perfectly to haul the camper so I gave it shot first. I had one troll do nothing but heckle me for days. Never even made an offer. Repeated texts telling me how much of an idiot I was thinking I could get that kind of cash for my setup. I eventually split the 2 items and came out $2.5k ahead of what my combo price was.

My normal tactic when I post stuff for sale is price it fare but on the low side making sure it's the lowest item on ksl in the same condition. Because of this I usually sell stuff within 1-2 days. Whoever buys it knows the deal slightly favors him and I can just ignore the negotiation game and most importantly ignore the time sucking trolls.

Noahfecks

El Destructo!
If I am travelling any significant distance to buy something I want to know we have an agreed upon price, if I am going to hook up the trailer and spend the gas money I want to know what I am in for when I get there.

There are a lot of trolls out there but some give and take between two serious parties goes a long way. Being a dick from the seller side is just as bad a s being a dick from the buyer side.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
One of my favorite's is when you have agreed on a price, then the buyer shows up with the wrong amount.
Say you agreed on $15 for an item listed for $20, person shows up with $10 and say's "Sorry, I didn't have a $5!". Ya huh. Even better is when they haggle you down from $20 to $15, then show up with a $20 bill and ask for change. I've always said that I don't have change, but I'll take the $20 if they want the item right now; otherwise I have people waiting on it. That has usually worked out well. Morons. :rolleyes:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I have started responding with, what is the most you will pay? Sometimes they make an offer, then I add 25% to my asking price. It throws them off, then I stop responding. Like has been said, show up, look at the item and assess if it has issues, then make me an offer based on that.
When ever I get a low ball offer I always respond with my asking price plus 25% is the lowest I can go. They always respond with what my price in the ad is. I respond to that by saying it’s a deal.

Coco

A couple years back I was talking with a kid that had a somewhat built Samurai for sale. It was a good price, and we agreed on said price so I drove out to Tooele to to take a look and take it for a spin with my truck and trailer there and cash in hand. Get there, take it for a spin, give it a look over and tell him I'll take it, when he gets a call... Dude on phone offers a little higher price and the dude with the samurai tells me he won't sell it unless I want to go to that price. I told him to eff off, and we had agreed on a price, I was there with the truck and trailer and cash and he decided to screw me over. Needless to say some choice words were said, and I left pretty pissed with no rig. Come to find out one of my buddies that I did RC with bought it and was on the phone with the guy when I was there. Needless to say I gave him a TON for crap for it, and told him he cost me that sale.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Well it happened again! Another perfect KSL sale. A small Snapon roll around tool box. A guy called me, we talked for a bit, then he said he would take it at my asking price. Done deal. I even had it listed for $200 more than I was originally planning on listing it for. I also requested phone calls only. I didn't hear anything for about a week. Then this guy called and then bought it that afternoon. I really think that talking on the phone/in person is key to good classified sales. Stay away from texting, or call a person back that sends you a text. I bet you will have better luck.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
So this just happened:

45169460075_a063b02828_b.jpg

I show up at 5, wait around for 15 minutes, then give the guy a call.

"This is Ty."

"Hi, Ty, this is Stephen with the Apple Keyboard. Just wondering when I can expect you."

"Oh... Yeah, when you said that you couldn't meet at 6 I figured I just couldn't do it then."

Rage building in me, "Yeah... that would have been nice to know since I've been sitting here waiting for you."

"Oh, sorry man."

What is wrong with people? Do we just need to nuke society from space?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Ha ha ha ha!! Gosh I can’t beleive you didn’t go for that. He seemed like a really trustworthy fella...

He hasn't replied and it's been hours... :eek: Wonder if he realizes how dumb the idea sounded.

He took the saying "there is no such thing as dumb question" to the point we need to rephrase it I think.

X-D I totally agree!

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I found this gem in my google voice account. I had forgotten it was there.
This is from a year ago when I sold a little Toyota commuter car on KSL for something like $1000 or $1100

8/16/41, 4:54 AM
I'm interested in your "2000 Toyota Echo" on KSL. Is it still available?

9/15/41, 1:05 PM
Yes

9/15/41, 1:05 PM
Would you take 600

9/18/41, 1:54 PM
No but I'd take 1500

9/18/41, 1:54 PM
I’m not trying to piss you off. But okay.
9/21/41, 2:43 PM
For an 18 year old car with a small engine and tons of miles 600$ is a
reasonable offer 700$ I’ll do today ?

9/23/41, 3:08 AM
I'm not mad, but refuse to play the typical KSL classified ad shopper game of "I haven't even looked at the car but will offer a lowball price".
If you can find a more reliable car on KSL for less, I highly encourage you to buy it.

9/24/41, 3:32 PM
So you are saying 700$ is low ball?

9/26/41, 3:57 AM
Seeing as how it is by far the cheapest one on KSL right now, my opinion is yes

9/29/41, 4:46 AM
Well my opinion is that 700$ is a lot of money for a car that’s old as
me with that many miles. With that many miles.

10/3/41, 6:00 PM
Sounds good. Best of luck in your car search.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
@Greg that guy pretty much asked to be your slave. You missed a great opportunity for indentured servitude. "Sure, you can have the truck you just need to give me a ride to and from work for a year. I'll chip in a few bucks a week for gas."

One of my coworkers (who has questionable morals) says I should have replied saying...

"Anything?! ;););)"

Or....

"$6000 is a lot of BJ's"

:eek:X-D