I hate Craigslist Lowballers...

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
One of my coworkers (who has questionable morals) says I should have replied saying...

"Anything?! ;););)"

Or....

"$6000 is a lot of BJ's"

:eek:X-D
I like this person already.

A guy I work with played fantasy football with some guys from Boise. If he lost, he'd send a check with "for blow jobs" in the memo field hoping he wouldn't cash it. That never worked, he cashed them all.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
I was selling a truck side view mirror for $30. A guy called asking if I could meet him somewhere between my house in Highland and where he works in salt lake. Took my ad down and threw the thing away. $300 min. value for me to bother selling on ksl

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
My in-laws were selling some barely used baby / kids stuff (a crib, kids bed) that they had in a guest room for occasions when their grandkids would come to town to visit. After the kids got a little older, they weren't being used anymore. They listed them on KSL. After a bunch of interest... but nobody showing up to actually pay for it... they received a text from a lady in provo who asked if she could just have it. LOL. My father-in-law said yes and that he just wanted it out of his house. Her reply... "can you also bring it to me"? X-D

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
A couple weeks ago, my wife was selling some nice leather boots that were worn a couple times. She said they were $90 so I would guess they were $150 in reality. She had them listed on Facebook for $35. A guy asked for pictures from every conceivable angle, which she sent him. he then offered her $20, she accepted. Then he asked if she could meet him, we asked where. He wanted to meet in Bountiful. We live in PG. I told him he could have them if he drove down to get them because it would cost me $20 in gas to meet him. He never replied.

D

Deleted member 12904

A couple weeks ago, my wife was selling some nice leather boots that were worn a couple times. She said they were $90 so I would guess they were $150 in reality. She had them listed on Facebook for $35. A guy asked for pictures from every conceivable angle, which she sent him. he then offered her $20, she accepted. Then he asked if she could meet him, we asked where. He wanted to meet in Bountiful. We live in PG. I told him he could have them if he drove down to get them because it would cost me $20 in gas to meet him. He never replied.

so living in Grantsville naturally when I try to sell things people coming out to get it is always the biggest issue. Recently I've been listing of all of stuff on KSL for sale because honestly I feel guilty about throwing some of it away. I have an item on there listed for $10 the has a retail value of probably 200 the item was in great usable condition

I got a text nearly immediately from a guy saying he wanted them I said great when do you want to come get them and he followed up with when could you meet me in South Salt Lake. That's when I took the ad down and threw it away.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Come on guys! I had another good sale on Friday. We had talked off and on for two weeks as we had trouble setting up our schedules to match. Friday she showed up, paid cash and left. We never talked money or anything. Just just paid what the ad asked for. Simple transaction. You guys make it out like KSL is 99% terrible. I just don't see it.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Come on guys! I had another good sale on Friday. We had talked off and on for two weeks as we had trouble setting up our schedules to match. Friday she showed up, paid cash and left. We never talked money or anything. Just just paid what the ad asked for. Simple transaction. You guys make it out like KSL is 99% terrible. I just don't see it.

You're the rarity here, over the weekend I've had people lowball me 2x without even looking at what I was selling and another tell me my truck was a beater and he would be a buyer, if the price was right. I told him to come look at the truck first, then we would talk price.... no reply.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Maybe I just need to become the official RME salesman. How does 75% commision sound? Is that a highball offer? :D

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
What..?? You mean that you weren't willing to hold on to an item indefinitely, for a complete stranger, on the off chance that he might actually show up and pay you???

ttora4runner

Not a craigslist one but one from Autotrader since I'm selling my Subaru. I'm not even going to reply this one.

Do you have the extra keys , Where did you get your vehicle serviced, Have you ever had any transmission repairs and Is there any rust on the vehicle? I'm ready to pay your asking price but not cash in person because I am serving in the US army and currently been deploy to Fort Huachuca Military Base, Arizona and calls are restricted at the moment and my only quickest payment option is PayPal, its safe fast and secure and i will be responsible for the PayPal transaction charges so you can get your expected amount. If you don't have an account with PayPal, its pretty easy to open one, Just log onto www.paypal.com

paypal.com - Send Money, Pay Online or Set Up a Merchant Account

PayPal is the faster, safer way to send money, make an online payment, receive money or set up a merchant account.
www.paypal.com
and sign up. I hope we can make the purchase as fast as possible? As I am buying the vehicle for my dad and I'm very sure he will love this vehicle, his a mechanic and a handy man, so if there is anything that need to be fixed in it just let me know he will handle it. I have a mover that will come for the pick up once payment clears in your account and he will handle the title for me.I would appreciate if you email me with more pictures (if available) too since i won't be able to see this in person. I look forward to hear from you with the information below.

tv_larsen

Facebook buyers are the worst. A few years ago I was selling a 16' tandem axle car hauler trailer. Some guy on Facebook messaged me and immediately makes me an offer 75% of what I was asking. I told him I only negotiated with people in person. He refused to come look at it unless I agreed to his offer. He literally lived 3 miles from me and never came and looked at the trailer.