I hate Craigslist Lowballers...

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Something new that's bothering me with selling stuff... I'm doing some Spring cleaning, have a bunch of items listed of FB Marketplace.

Twice today I've had guys wanting me to deliver items, one is $20 and the other is $30. The $30 item is a full dual exhaust system off the El Camino, the other is a muffler. If you want to buy something and it's cheap, I don't understand assuming that the seller is going to deliver it to you. Makes me want to just trash these parts rather than dealing with stupid/entitled people.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Something new that's bothering me with selling stuff... I'm doing some Spring cleaning, have a bunch of items listed of FB Marketplace.

Twice today I've had guys wanting me to deliver items, one is $20 and the other is $30. The $30 item is a full dual exhaust system off the El Camino, the other is a muffler. If you want to buy something and it's cheap, I don't understand assuming that the seller is going to deliver it to you. Makes me want to just trash these parts rather than dealing with stupid/entitled people.

I have a $50 minimum to list something. It's super hard to throw away stuff I know has value, but it's too frustrating to deal with the garbage.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Time to kick off the RME swap meet. I have loads of stuff I want gone but cant bring myself to throw out. I'd love to load it up and see if anyone here wants it before heading to the recycler for $2

iamjimbrady

I hate when people post their gently hardly ever only used once sold whatever or project took a different turn so I don't need it anymore S*%T on Craigslist and expect to get what they paid for it years ago that you could go out today and buy brand new. Plus TAX

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
Good news moment here. In the last couple of days I sold a drum set and generator on KSL to two great people who showed up and we're happy to pay full asking price with no haggling. The drum guy even commented that he hated selling stuff on KSL because people haggle too much. The generator guy this morning took one look and handed the cash. I had to insist on starting it to demonstrate it was as advertised. There are some good ones out there.

J-mobzz

Good news moment here. In the last couple of days I sold a drum set and generator on KSL to two great people who showed up and we're happy to pay full asking price with no haggling. The drum guy even commented that he hated selling stuff on KSL because people haggle too much. The generator guy this morning took one look and handed the cash. I had to insist on starting it to demonstrate it was as advertised. There are some good ones out there.
The ones that are interested enough to show up are usually good. I almost never get in person low ball offers or bad. It’s the countless text messages that suck. I recently sold my RZR and had 2-3 text messages a day with insulting “cash” offers. The guy that bought it showed up looked it over test drive it and made a fair offer. Oh and he paid me with a very convenient bank check that was easier to verify was legit over $16,000 in hundred dollar bills. Or I once sold a van for $12k and was paid in $20’s that’s a pain in the ass!!

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I was looking for an iPad Mini 2 for the Trooper's new GPS/Infotainment system and this guy had a 64GB one listed for $200.

47924349008_455dd90fc3_b.jpg

I ended up buying one just like his for $100. His has been listed for 13 days, I wonder why he's not able to sell it? :rolleyes:

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
x2

The market will always dictate the value of something for sale.... as @Stephen pointed out.
I tell this to everyone when they try to negotiate a lower price. I usually don't consider lower offers in the first week. Depending how low the offer is I'll say I'm happy to get in that ballpark when the market tells me I'm asking too much, ie, if it's still for sale in 3 weeks, or whatever. Sometimes they're willing to wait, if they really think it's overpriced and won't sell. Other times they decide not to risk it and pay up. But I'm usually happy to let the market dictate price.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
In all seriousness, I don't know what she said. "So you got it anyways didn't you". If that's right, what does it mean?