I hate Craigslist Lowballers...

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
The grabber screws through the fender to hold the "sorry I broke the tailgate" replacement just screams "nice".

I think this guy probably drives an XJ... (j/k)

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
why did he think that was nice? Sheesh

🤷‍♂️ I guess it ran good? Couldn't tell because of the straight pipes.

Just fill the tank with water and freeze it. Problem solved.
Problem is you can't control the rate or direction of expansion. Water expands in all directions with equal force as it freezes. So often it will split the seams on stuff. Even if you get lucky the paint will crack and it'd need a respray.

Every body panel on the thing was bent or dented. I did a quick eBay Lookey-Loo to see what I'd be getting into if I replaced stuff with used. Just the front and rear fenders and tank would've put me over $1200 (if I could find all three that matched). Eeesh

Coco

It's the first I have had in a long time. I have still never delivered anything without at least a non-refundable deposit. I am not going to go out of my way to change all my plans for someone that may still flake and not buy what I am selling, then I am out gas, time with family, and just really pissed.

Maybe I am just getting too tired of the 'tire kickers/time wasters' and the same ol things that never happen to give them the benefit of being an actual interested buyer. I look at it as I am selling an item at what I feel is a decent price, and just want it gone. Yet, I get the lowballers, the people that want delivery, etc. and they still never bother to show up. Why must I keep bending over backwards for someone that won't even take time out of their day to come see what I am offering in person before making an offer?

Maybe even in my 31 years of life, I am used to the old fashioned ways.

I sold a semi trailer a few years back for a few thousand bucks on eBay to some guy in phoenix. He kept trying to get someone to transport and finally asked what I would charge - I quoted $1/mile round trip - $1400 and he agreed. Like a dummy, I didn't charge him anything upfront, but he paid it in full when I delivered it.