I just opened a Roth IRA, and am ready to invest in the stock market

RockChucker

Almost certainly. This isn't sustainable. The stock price / valuation will return to a reasonable level.
In the mean time, some people will make a nice chunk of change before the bubble bursts.

*note, I'm not one of them. I am a boring investor.
I keep waiting for this to happen with Tesla....how are they more 'valuable' by market cap than all the 5 biggest auto manufacturers combined when they sell about 1.1% of all new vehicles in the US. That is crazy to me.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I'm also not anywhere near an expert. Not even a little bit. All I know is I just turned $6k into $11k and I feel like the stress is doing permanent damage to my body. It makes me want to cash out now and just let my boring stocks do their thing and check in on them once a month. But on the other hand I want this thing to go to like $2k/share and go buy a new truck :rofl:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
If I'm reading right, the fund doubled down on the GME short, so supposedly next Monday it's gonna dip and then everybody is going back in for round 2. Don't quote me on that, but that's what I'm reading...

"weekly and monthly contracts expiring this Friday."

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'm also not anywhere near an expert. Not even a little bit. All I know is I just turned $6k into $11k and I feel like the stress is doing permanent damage to my body. It makes me want to cash out now and just let my boring stocks do their thing and check in on them once a month. But on the other hand I want this thing to go to like $2k/share and go buy a new truck :rofl:

I love this, very happy for you!

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I'm right with you. I was day trading pretty heavily last spring. I doubled the money I put in, then decided it had turned into a job. I moved it all to mutual funds and made 10% on them with zero stress and interaction. I jumped in BB and will play for a bit, then take my winnings and invest them into my mutual funds. My goal is to take opportunities I see, not turn investing into a job or my main source of income.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Just out of curiosity since I have not read any of the background story of what is going on with Reddit and others, what is happening with BlackBerry that they say it is going to make these major increases?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Just out of curiosity since I have not read any of the background story of what is going on with Reddit and others, what is happening with BlackBerry that they say it is going to make these major increases?

Blackberry is has sold 90 patents related to smartphone technology to Huawei, they're no longer in the business of making phones.... but technology instead.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep

Way cool. I hope you get that new truck. I am totally jealous that you guys are spending the time and energy to make this work for you.

I'm right with you. I was day trading pretty heavily last spring. I doubled the money I put in, then decided it had turned into a job. I moved it all to mutual funds and made 10% on them with zero stress and interaction. I jumped in BB and will play for a bit, then take my winnings and invest them into my mutual funds. My goal is to take opportunities I see, not turn investing into a job or my main source of income.

This is my struggle. I see what these guys are doing, and have a neighbor in the same boat doing very well. I have tried to learn a little.. it felt like 10 hours later I was down some weird rabbit hole with no end in sight. I just don’t have the time to commit to it. I’d like to see more money.. but I’m too busy earning a dime to learn to to earn a dollar.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
People pulling money from GME are targeting other shorts. BB is one of them. At least that is my limited understanding

Way cool. I hope you get that new truck. I am totally jealous that you guys are spending the time and energy to make this work for you.

This is my struggle. I see what these guys are doing, and have a neighbor in the same boat doing very well. I have tried to learn a little.. it felt like 10 hours later I was down some weird rabbit hole with no end in sight. I just don’t have the time to commit to it. I’d like to see more money.. but I’m too busy earning a dime to learn to to earn a dollar.
You are doing fine. You'll outpace most of us with your real estate tycooning.
I would not even be in this world but my friend is a savvy investor and has been holding my hand and teaching me as repayment for holding his hand and fixing all his cars for him for 10 years.

N-Smooth

Got this little message front and center in Robinhood. They emailed about it too.
34A082F1-77FB-4B4C-A539-9866D80D640E.jpegThere was another one about Wallstreetbets going dark for a while due to an overwhelming amount of new users. They’ve grown from 2.5M to 3.9M in just a couple days. BANANAS!!!!

N-Smooth

I want to be surprised but I'm not.

Watching it hit $415 I'm like 😳

EDIT: Did I say $415? Cause I meant $469!!! Yikes!

Last edited: