I need a rear bumper, stock sized wheels for an 87 Toyota Pickup

YotaSwan

Hi All, I am new to the utah area, and i just purchased a 1987 Toyota Pickup SR5, and I need a rear bumper so i can pass a safety inspection. I would even be willing to pay someone to borrow theirs for a day or two if needs be until I can find a permenant replacement. Something not too crazy looking would be best, but either way I just need one. Also in addition, I need some stock sized wheels and tires to put on since my tires "stick out" too much as well to pass safety inspection. I would prefer to pay someone to borrow theirs for a day. Also if you know of any way I can cheaply make fender flares that will help it pass then i am open to those kinds of ideas as well. I live in Provo/Orem area, so the closer the better, but i am willing to travel. One last question I have is if anyone knows of any car salvage yards in utah county I can check out as well. Thanks so much, and hopefully i will see you all out on the trails. I hear they are amazing out here.

Manlaan

For fender flares, I've seen people cheap out big time on them. Everything from some of that black molding used to edge gardens to a brush like item. I guess they probably do need to look like they're permanent (I dont think cardboard would pass, but if going by the letter of the law, it might). I'm not sure if it actually says what it needs to be made out of or how sturdy they need to be.

If you were looking for something a little more professional, there are some aftermarket options, like bushwacker, but they aren't very cheap. The welder guys will tub the fender well a bit and weld in some extensions at the same time for something sturdy.

As far as a bumper goes, I have a 2002 tacoma bumper, but I dont think it will fit your year.

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
i have a rear bumper that you can have for 40 bucks its a tube bumper and you would need to weld on brackets or something to attach it but let me know if you want it