I need a TIG magician

Too Far

parts is parts
I slipped on the ice and smacked my head today. In the circle of stars ringing around my head I saw a dual t-case set up. Actally I have been dreaming of this mod for a while. I would like to cut off the front driveshft output of my stock isuzu t-case and run another t-case behind it. The t-case is aluminum and is fairly thin. I have had it apart and it looks like, in theory, it could be done. I would need a skilled welder to weld up the hole left by the removal of the front output.
I know there are other more plausible ways to do this, but I would like to try to make this work.
Can anyone recomend any good welders in the area that might be game for such a fool hardy project?

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
i would recomend fabricating a plate to cover the hole and bolting it in place. you run the risk of warping the case if the welder does not properly heat-sink the case. if you still think you wanna do it just contact your local aerospace fabrication company or local welding/fabrication shop. tig is not a hard method of welding. i picked it up in about 15 minutes. i dont have access to a tig welder or i would give it a whirl. :D

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Give Colledge Machine a call. They are in Lindon and do some really good work. Its my friends dads shop and they have done some really neat stuff with Aluminum- Custom Radiators, Gas tanks, York AC pump Brackets, etc.

MattL

Im a TIG magican. Give it to me and watch me put a hole in the sucka!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Just giving ya crap.