I need an impact gun because the one I have is older than @soopahick and it won't crush my crush sleeve #codyisawesomenobattlewins

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I had a Husky for many years that was better than the 2 old Ingersoll's I had prior.

The trigger broke on the Husky, so I got a free replacement. It had NO power at all. So I got another free replacement.. but I haven't tried it yet. I really hope the last one was bad, and that it's not a new model issue :ugh:

My brother just bought a new Ingersoll. It's pretty sweet.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
A trick - when Carl was helping me rebuild a diff in the Broverlander and my uggaduggas were insufficient for proper crushage, I put the sleeve in the floor press and gave it just a little squish to get it started. Then back onto the pinion and my cheap impact handled the rest.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I do not doubt the M18 abilities at all. I do want a physically smaller cordless impact for other jobs and trail repairs, but I really don't want to store a massive one that I would need for this one job. That purchase would snowball into all new tool boxes and then obviously a complete shop overhaul and possibly just sell my house and build a concrete bunker/shop in the mountains.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I do not doubt the M18 abilities at all. I do want a physically smaller cordless impact for other jobs and trail repairs, but I really don't want to store a massive one that I would need for this one job. That purchase would snowball into all new tool boxes and then obviously a complete shop overhaul and possibly just sell my house and build a concrete bunker/shop in the mountains.
I thought that was the goal🤷‍♂️

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Your yoke holder, and a 6 ft. cheater on your breaker bar will do the job if you aren't wanting to spend the dollars.
I don't have the axle secured well enough for that kind of ballet. It's not so much about the money, as the storage of the tool.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I don't have the axle secured well enough for that kind of ballet. It's not so much about the money, as the storage of the tool.
You just need another cheater bar on the yoke holder, braced against the ground. :)

For 1/2” pneumatic get the Astro Pneumatic Thor and feed it lots of air… legitimately more powerful than my snapon, IR, aircat… even stronger than my m18.

Also get yourself a 3/4, because beast mode. The Aircat 1778-VXL is dammed impressive, and it’s not too bad on the wallet. It’ll turn DD15 head bolts (in) where the strapon won’t even budge them. IR just came out with a new 3/4 that I’ve played with a little… it may be even better than the Aircat, but at more than twice the price not sure it’s worth it.

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I don't know what kind of shape it's in but you're welcome to my old IR2131. I haven't used it for a few years but it's yours if you want it. If I remember right if you take it apart it's really easy to go through and clean if it needs it.

Attachments

• 20220317_074351.jpg
    20220317_074351.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 5

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
For 1/2” pneumatic get the Astro Pneumatic Thor and feed it lots of air… legitimately more powerful than my snapon, IR, aircat… even stronger than my m18.

Also get yourself a 3/4, because beast mode. The Aircat 1778-VXL is dammed impressive, and it’s not too bad on the wallet. It’ll turn DD15 head bolts (in) where the strapon won’t even budge them. IR just came out with a new 3/4 that I’ve played with a little… it may be even better than the Aircat, but at more than twice the price not sure it’s worth it.
I've been thinking about a 3/4, since I do have a lot of 3/4 sockets that I've just been using an adapter with.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
It is on the Larger size but I have a cordless IR that I won at a winter on the rocks raffle years ago and it is my favorite tool I own. When it dies I will replace with a Milwaukee as I am slowly upgrading my cordless tools to Milwaukee fuel.