I want a Tiger!!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
No, not the animal you dummy... :p

A Truimph Tiger! I just saw one of these outside of Grand Junction, it's an Adventure/Touring motorcycle. I have seen them in street trim before, but this one had highway-friendly knobbies on it! I'd love a mid-late '90's bike, they have 900cc 3 cyl motors at that point. I think that could be an ideal Adventure bike that could handle a two track dirt road and pile on some miles, possibly on a Alaska ride... :freak:

Heres a picture of a similar bike-

Attachments

• TriumphTiger (Medium).jpg
    TriumphTiger (Medium).jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 55

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
RAAAAARRRR!!!

angry animalistic stripes! TEAR UP THE ROAD ON YOUR TIGER!!! RAAAAARRRRR!!!!

So... the 650 is kind of big, but a 900 is an "ideal adventure bike"???

:eek:

I dig it though. It looks like a BMW with a normal engine LOL
speaking of Beemer bikes, I've seen a bunch of folks zipping around, all loaded up... all separate and in separate locations. Weird.

Greg

Admin
RAAAAARRRR!!!

angry animalistic stripes! TEAR UP THE ROAD ON YOUR TIGER!!! RAAAAARRRRR!!!!

So... the 650 is kind of big, but a 900 is an "ideal adventure bike"???

:eek:

I dig it though. It looks like a BMW with a normal engine LOL
speaking of Beemer bikes, I've seen a bunch of folks zipping around, all loaded up... all separate and in separate locations. Weird.

The DR650 is a great bike, but it's more dirtbike than a touring bike. It's not bad on the road at highway speeds, but a bike that had different ergo's, a bigger motor and a windscreen would make riding for days on end much more tolerable. If I could have my way, I'd have both bikes. :greg: But yeah, a 900cc bike would be pretty good for lots of highway riding, loaded down with gear.

I've seen plenty of people out riding loaded up bikes, many on large BMW's. I'm always jealous, wonder about where they are headed.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Guy I saw yesterday was WINDBURNT... looked like one of those... trans-continental trekkers that are all grizzly lookin', with the crusty white lips and the leathery skin LOL. He had some sweet aluminum pannier boxes, and a bunch of instrumentation packed onto the bike. Said he was heading to the Dakotas, which I thought was a novel choice. Sadly my snazzy new Uberphone was out of battery, or I'd have nabbed loads of pics.

Greg

Admin
Guy I saw yesterday was WINDBURNT... looked like one of those... trans-continental trekkers that are all grizzly lookin', with the crusty white lips and the leathery skin LOL. He had some sweet aluminum pannier boxes, and a bunch of instrumentation packed onto the bike. Said he was heading to the Dakotas, which I thought was a novel choice. Sadly my snazzy new Uberphone was out of battery, or I'd have nabbed loads of pics.

Awesome! You know that guys can ride a bike, anyone that has spent that much time on 2 wheels has to know his s**t.

Here's a '98 Tiger in California... only $2200!! :eek:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/mcy/763657763.html
Wish I had $2200... :-\

burke

There was a pretty sweet tiger for sale in Idaho (can't fin the link). I am jonesing for a Funduro or a honda trans alp. I sold my dirt bike over the winter and think one of these will be in my garage by next summer.

allterrain

AllTerrain
Looks fun.
My son wants to ride to Alaska for his graduation present...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IE1mQ05er-E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IE1mQ05er-E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Greg

Admin
Looks fun.
My son wants to ride to Alaska for his graduation present...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IE1mQ05er-E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IE1mQ05er-E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

That would be a blast, would you go with him?

You know, I like the older Tigers much better... the new ones look too sportbike-ish. :-\

Greg

Admin
Ooooo.... http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375291

265294401_fvMcR-L.jpg

Greg

Admin
Guess what I just rode.... :greg: 104 horsepower of UK-built fury!

My neighbor has a beautiful Tiger much like the one in the first post and we've talked about trading bikes, just for a quick ride. He is interested in downsizing and really likes the big-bore thumpers. The DR650 has really interested him and he has wanted to ride mine for some time. We finally got the chance to trade bikes and go for a ride thru the backroads of Fruita... that Tiger is smooooooth... and FAST! It got to 70+ FAST, without breaking a sweat, the bike really pulls hard on the top-end. Any more seat time on that bike and I know I would get into trouble with the law!

After that ride, I really do think that a Tiger would be a great bike for huge adventure rides, like Alaska and back. It's comfy, good technology and has days of power to keep the road riding exciting. Neat bike, I was very impressed!

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
I saw that same bike about a week ago in ShowLow AZ, the dude was definitely setup for long distance riding. I wonder if was the same guy. Cool bike for sure.

Caleb

When I was selling my Husky, I had a guy offer my a Tiger in trade. I want to say it was an early 2000's. Interesting bikes for sure. I'd still rather have an 800 BMW :)