Ideal car for bombing dirt roads?

J-mobzz

I vote a 2wd single cab mini truck like a ranger. I had a very mild 94 ranger prerunner for years. Just some used 2.0 shocks, diy cut and turned beams, fiberglass and pulled bedsides. It was an absolute blast to rally and even with 32x11.50 tires I averaged 25 mpg

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Another suggestion.... mid 90's Jeep Cherokee. 2-3" lift, good 31's and figure out a way to get a set of Falcon shocks and adapt some Teraflex SpeedBumps onto it. That would be killer bombing down dirt roads, it's 4WD if you ever need it and they're cheap.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Another suggestion.... mid 90's Jeep Cherokee. 2-3" lift, good 31's and figure out a way to get a set of Falcon shocks and adapt some Teraflex SpeedBumps onto it. That would be killer bombing down dirt roads, it's 4WD if you ever need it and they're cheap.

XJ's are surprisingly expensive these days, from what little I've seen. You can get a ZJ or WJ for less $$ than an XJ.

Corban_White

YES! This is not a bad option... however, it would be nice to have another car for bad weather days. I'm planning on the Goblin being a 70% daily driver. On days I drive out to the goose I'd take the beater.

The more I think about the lifted crown vic, the more I like the idea. I love the idea of having a cool custom daily driver, and also driving to work in a trashy beater sometimes too.

I have seen a few lifted crown vics driving around up here that look pretty good.

XJEEPER

1999_chevrolet_corvette_1588083875601c1fb4e149Vette-Buggy-010-940x627.jpg

Houndoc

My daughter has an 01 XJ she is thinking of selling.