If Cody Opened a Food Truck

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
D8eyMlSXUAQXhJa.jpg:large

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
So there is a place up in Bountiful called Vitos that is awesome. Vito works the grill and there is a guy wiping tables. You tell him what you want and he tells you how much it costs and there is a basket and a hole in the counter. Cash only and bills under $20 go in the basket and anything bigger through the hole. You make your own change. Best cheesesteakes there for real.

Oh, and Bryson has venmo.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
So there is a place up in Bountiful called Vitos that is awesome. Vito works the grill and there is a guy wiping tables. You tell him what you want and he tells you how much it costs and there is a basket and a hole in the counter. Cash only and bills under $20 go in the basket and anything bigger through the hole. You make your own change. Best cheesesteakes there for real.

Oh, and Bryson has venmo.

That is a GREAT sandwich. Making your own change is interesting but not a big deal apparently as it's been that way for a few years

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
That is a GREAT sandwich. Making your own change is interesting but not a big deal apparently as it's been that way for a few years
My co-worker used to work court security in Bountiful and found Vito when he was first starting and was out of a trailer. I swear, that guy has life figured out. Hes open only a few hours a day, has only a couple employees, when hes out of meat he closes shop. I feel like most people in that position would hire a huge crew, franchise, expand, blah blah blah. He isn't greedy though and he makes phenomenal food.

The flip side of Vito is a guy that was working out of a trailer in the Harmons parking lot out in kearns off 4800 west and 6400 south. It was a BBQ joint called "Yo Mammas" which obviously is a great name. Brisket and pulled pork sandwiches, ribs, man my mouth is watering just thinking about it. He worked from the trailer for a couple years then moved to the gas station at the north end of jordan landing where the donut place was initially. He did that for a bit then ended up going to a split restaurant space west of the tracks off North Temple. I followed him to each place because the food was so good but in reality each change dropped the level a little bit until he just kind of disappeared. I'm going to have to pour a little Dr. Pepper out in memory later today because the BBQ really was fantastic. I was working at a vinyl fence shop in WJ when some coworkers came back with leftovers from lunch. I was skeptical of street meat (this was back in 2006-ish) but after seeing them bring the monster sandwiches back again once or twice I skulked over to try for myself and was a changed man. The first time I brought some to my girlfriend of the time, now wife, I couldn't tell her where it came from until after she tried it because she wouldn't have eaten it. Once the hook was set though she looked past the trailer and was able to enjoy it for the glory that it was.

Caleb

My co-worker used to work court security in Bountiful and found Vito when he was first starting and was out of a trailer. I swear, that guy has life figured out. Hes open only a few hours a day, has only a couple employees, when hes out of meat he closes shop. I feel like most people in that position would hire a huge crew, franchise, expand, blah blah blah. He isn't greedy though and he makes phenomenal food.

The flip side of Vito is a guy that was working out of a trailer in the Harmons parking lot out in kearns off 4800 west and 6400 south. It was a BBQ joint called "Yo Mammas" which obviously is a great name. Brisket and pulled pork sandwiches, ribs, man my mouth is watering just thinking about it. He worked from the trailer for a couple years then moved to the gas station at the north end of jordan landing where the donut place was initially. He did that for a bit then ended up going to a split restaurant space west of the tracks off North Temple. I followed him to each place because the food was so good but in reality each change dropped the level a little bit until he just kind of disappeared. I'm going to have to pour a little Dr. Pepper out in memory later today because the BBQ really was fantastic. I was working at a vinyl fence shop in WJ when some coworkers came back with leftovers from lunch. I was skeptical of street meat (this was back in 2006-ish) but after seeing them bring the monster sandwiches back again once or twice I skulked over to try for myself and was a changed man. The first time I brought some to my girlfriend of the time, now wife, I couldn't tell her where it came from until after she tried it because she wouldn't have eaten it. Once the hook was set though she looked past the trailer and was able to enjoy it for the glory that it was.

I might be mistaking but I think Yo Mamma’s BBQ is at the pre-game at RSL games serving their meats.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I might be mistaking but I think Yo Mamma’s BBQ is at the pre-game at RSL games serving their meats.
Thats R&R. Good bbq but portion to price is off in my opinion at least at the retail store. At the RSL games you can do the pre-game buffet bbq thing for $20, or at least thats what it was a couple seasons ago when I did it. I got my moneys worth for that one and I didn't waste any space on the filler or desserts. :D