I'm a sucker for neat engines...

AaronPaige

When you decide to sell off the parts you don’t want I may be interested in a mock up block tell I can score a complete 5.3/6.0

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I see that, let me know if decide to go another direction :beer:

I PM'd you.... :D

When you decide to sell off the parts you don’t want I may be interested in a mock up block tell I can score a complete 5.3/6.0

I bought the builder 5.3 as a parts engine for the aluminum block, we'll see what ends up happening to these engines but I'll keep you in mind.

Greg

Admin
I guess you could say things are getting pretty serious with my love for LS engines.... :D

I just picked up these 2, one will be used for parts and the other I will probably sell. This now makes 4 different LS engines in my shop.

1. LQ4 6.0 getting rebuilt for TJ
  2. Gen 4 Aluminum LC9 5.3 for the Pontiac Bonneville
  3. Parts L20 4.8 Pontiac Bonneville (Heads & intake on the TJ LQ4, short block will get sold)
  4. Builder 6.0 LQ4, going up for sale

20211203_113825.jpg
20211203_113810.jpg

4x4_Welder

I want to put a 4BD1T and Aisin automatic from an Isuzu in my F250. The hard part now is getting the programming to delete the DPF and EGR. My truck is emissions exempt under EPA rules, but still no go.

I do still browse Copart for them every now and then though.

Greg

Admin
Had the opportunity to look around an old property with a bunch of vehicles, parts and engines laying around... found two Buick 455 engines sitting out in the weather. Ran the block casting numbers and they're 360 HP & 510 ft/lbs engines!! Don't know why the were pulled, if they're still rebuildable... but these things were torque MONSTERS!! 😍

1000001508.jpg

Also found this '71 Impala that had a '400' badge on the fender. I thought, "that's interesting .. maybe a Small Block 400? Thought they only put them in trucks...."

Popped the hood and it's a big block 402! Engine code would be LS3!!! (Sound familiar?) It *should* be rated for 300 HP and 400 ft/lbs. This may need to go under the hood of my '69 K20, or another near, large GM vehicle... 😎

1000001505.jpg
1000001498.jpg
1000001499.jpg
1000001500.jpg

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I know a few folks looking for the Buick 455 motors if they are available. With both of those having smog pump bracketry, I'd assume those are '72 or newer 455. The casting numbers would tell the story for sure so I'm confused on those dawgs you have there. The 360 hp/510 lb ft was for '70 only.

400 small blocks also came in big cars. We had '76 Impala with a 400 small block.

Greg

Admin
I know a few folks looking for the Buick 455 motors if they are available. With both of those having smog pump bracketry, I'd assume those are '72 or newer 455. The casting numbers would tell the story for sure so I'm confused on those dawgs you have there. The 360 hp/510 lb ft was for '70 only.

400 small blocks also came in big cars. We had '76 Impala with a 400 small block.

They'll be available, just need to retrieve them from where they are, which will take effort. The casting #'s are the same, 1241735. I'm not a Buick guy, so beyond the casting number I'm not sure what they're rated. They both have 4 bbl intakes, one has points and the other has an HEI distributor.

I'm not sure what they're worth... $200-300 each? It would be nice to pull the plugs, oil the cyls and see if they'll turn over. Maybe sell them together for spare parts?

1000001510.jpg
1000001512.jpg
1000001511.jpg

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
They'll be available, just need to retrieve them from where they are, which will take effort. The casting #'s are the same, 1241735. I'm not a Buick guy, so beyond the casting number I'm not sure what they're rated. They both have 4 bbl intakes, one has points and the other has an HEI distributor.

I'm not sure what they're worth... $200-300 each? It would be nice to pull the plugs, oil the cyls and see if they'll turn over. Maybe sell them together for spare parts?

View attachment 161446

That's honestly what they are worth. Spare parts. Possible builders but limited market and expensive to build. $100-300 depending on condition. With them being stored outside, I'd vote the lower end of that scale as you have to assume a cylinder or two are full of water and the blocks are possibly cracked?