I'm Back...

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
So I thought I would reintroduce myself. Some “older” people on here probably recognize me and I still recognize quite a few of you but I see a lot of names I don’t know. I was on here quite a bit in the past but moved to California for five years and then Australia for two years. And before you ask, yes Australia has some great wheeling, I especially liked going to Fraser Island. I did miss Utah wheeling though. I live in Herriman now.

When I moved back here I immediately ordered a Ocean Blue 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. It was delivered on Valentines day. Her name is Bella if anyone wants to know. It has the 2.0 liter motor which I am very impressed with. I’ve kept it mostly stock. I did put a bumper and winch on it and some cosmetic items. Also a Bestop Soft top. Plans in the next couple of years are 37” BFGoodrich KO2’s and a lift. I may go with the MOPAR lift just so I don’t have to worry about the warranty. Also some side steps to make it easier to get in and out of the Jeep after the tires and lift.

A little about myself. Before I retired I was a Mechanical Engineer that proofread architectural drawings before the buildings were built. I worked on a lot of large projects including the Alantis hotel in Dubai and the New York Yankee stadium they built a few years back. I’ve been retired for around 10 years. Now I just take care of my wife.

My lovely wife is a General Manager at Kennecott for the time being (hopefully for a long, long time so I can stay in Utah). I love following her around the globe and watching her work for Rio Tinto and the different mines but have missed being close to family. I also have two daughters. One lives in New York City while her husband goes through medical school at Columbia. She is a therapist of some kind. My youngest lives in South Jordan and works for Goldman Sachs and is getting married in August.

So I know this is way too long for an introduction but just wanted to let everyone know I’m back and can’t wait to go wheeling with everyone.

Medsker

Here is a pic from a Montana trip a couple of weeks ago.
JFM_0784.JPG

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I'm one of the "new" guys I guess. My dad worked for Rio Tinto for about 10 years and "retired" a few years back (he actually laid himself off...) for about 18 months before getting so bored he went and found a 30 hour a week gig. He was/is a CPA though so he didn't necessarily work at the mine.

Welcome back to Utah.

Medsker

Yes, she was a manager at Boron but we lived in California City...well about 3-4 miles south of California City up on the hill. We had a four car garage and two and a half acres of land. It was a great place to live. We were scared to live downtown :)

Yes, she was a manager at Boron but we lived in California City...well about 3-4 miles south of California City up on the hill. We had a four car garage and two and a half acres of land. It was a great place to live. We were scared to live downtown :)

I worked in Bakersfield for Aera Energy as a P.Eng but lived in Tehachapi for 5 years before moving to SLC back in 2016. Had a couple neighbors that worked out at the mine as well that loved to tell stories.

Good to meet you, hope to see you out on the trail.

Medsker

I loved Tehachapi. It is so beautiful up there. I rode a lot in that area and down around Caliente on my Harley.

Hope to see you on the trail as well.