I'm pretty depressed about this Bears Ears deal

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
This isn't going to be popular, but as a 4x4 and outdoor enthusiast, I'm glad more lands are going under federal control.

This areas is already Federal, it will be managed and patrol by the same BLM that is there now. What will change is the impetus of recreation and the amount of visitors.

We all love the outdoors for the beauty and serenity and the chance it gives us to get away from it all.
The roads that are overgrown and almost never used won't make the cut for management and will be closed.

So which way do you want it? Can't have serenity without diversified use and user opportunities.

There are no designated routes in this areas that are "almost never used", just as there were not in GSENM. Guess what, they still closed them.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
So which way do you want it? Can't have serenity without diversified use and user opportunities.

There are no designated routes in this areas that are "almost never used", just as there were not in GSENM. Guess what, they still closed them.

Here's for hoping we can learn from GSENM and get in on the planning process for the "Road Inventory" mentioned in the White House and BLM press releases. They are supposed to be done by January (no year mentioned) :eek::eek::eek: I'm not sure that will fix the problem of potential road closures but I hope we can be pretty proactive in this? We might need a few car pool runs down there for some meetings?

Alcancia

I'm not sure what land you're referring to, but the land in question was already under federal control and not in danger of going anywhere?

Public land is waaaaay better than private, no doubt. But this land was already public.

This areas is already Federal, it will be managed and patrol by the same BLM that is there now. What will change is the impetus of recreation and the amount of visitors.

I know this land is Federal. And with Bishop's PLI and continual threat of suing the Federal government for control of lands, the designation keeps it that way. It was far from "not in danger of going anywhere."