Impressive video of a motorcycle going off the road

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Saw this on ADVRider.com, the guy was filming with a camera mounted on his helmet. This happened yesterday in VA, the guy was wearing all the appropriate gear and was lucky to just walk away, IMO. The video makes a good argument for being properly dressed for riding. Makes me think that he's lucky to have all the vegetation around, you run off the road in UT or CO and you're probably headed for something much harder. :eek:

It's a bit long at first, video is over 6 min and the wreck happens about 1/2 way in.-

[YOUTUBE]y62HIhWLkss[/YOUTUBE]

ricsrx

I thought he was getting onto a trial!!!! I wonder how long he's been ridding, 2nd day..........

muleskinner

Looked like he almost hit the sign. I bet the guy he passed in the red vehicle was laughing pretty hard. (I think Coreshot has a similar story;))

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Did he fall asleep? It looks like he didn't even atempt the turn. Any idea on cause Greg?

The rider had been injured a week earlier after falling off a ladder, he said he felt fine the morning of the ride, but as time went on, he was hurting more. I think that had a little to do with it.

On that particular curve he went in too hot and fell victim to target fixation, locked up his brakes and didn't have a chance to try make the turn. That's easy to do, it's real hard to try make a curve when you already think you're not going to make it.

Here's the thread if you want to read more about it-

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10389417#post10389417

ricsrx

Target fixation, it is real, and scary. durring my sport bike days I saw many ridders loose track of were they were in a corner( my brother ) .