In-dash android

J-mobzz

I put a 10” one in my old van. It worked but was what I would expect for what it is. Buggy, nothing works 100% right and it was frustrating at times. I put a pioneer CarPlay unit in the new van and while several hundred dollars more I have zero regrets.

Bottom line for a cheap unit in a cheap rig and you have realistic expectations of what it is… sure. But they are not on the level in any way of the more expensive units IMO.

I’ve got one in my JK, it’s pretty sweet. Fit and finish isn’t OE, but not too bad. Wireless CarPlay is neat, torque app, and all the other things… I have no complaints. And it was 1/3 the price of the Alpine I was considering…

Kevin B.

Big hippy
I don't do iThingies so I'm not worried about Carplay, and I'm not too hung up on it looking OEM. Mostly I'm just wondering if they run apps as seamlessly as a phone would or if whatever version of android they run is going to be obsolete in a couple years?

Last edited:
I’ve got the Seicane 10.1”… updates are a bit of a concern, as it looks like they loaded a ‘proprietary’ version of Android. There are quite a bit of Reddit posts on this brand though and it looks like a lot of people root them… I’m not an android nerd and it works as is out of the box for me, so I haven’t done any of that
Also worth noting, this isn’t a DD for me, so not sure if daily use would change my opinion

J-mobzz

I don't do iThingies so I'm not worried about Carplay, and I'm not too hung up on it looking OEM. Mostly I'm just wondering if they run apps as seamlessly as a phone would or if whatever version of android they run is going to be obsolete in a couple years?
Again just my experience with this one.
Binize Android 9.1 Car Stereo Radio 10.1 Inch Single Din Touchscreen in-Dash Head Unit (Fixed Screen),GPS Navigation Receiver,Bluetooth,FM,Mirror Link,Support Backup Camera(1006 2G RAM+16G ROM) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081Z6XKR...abc_P3R5828T8KY2Z4FCQJDF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

No it did not runs apps as smoothly as my Galaxy 9 work phone. Primarily google maps. I did download a ton of maps on it to avoid having to use internet but again jut was always buggy and never was the same experience as using a tablet or phone. having to constantly pair my phone to the unit for it to have internet was a pain.

I’m sure their are nicer ones out but my experience was they were okay for the money but not what I wanted.

Last edited: