Insurance Home/Auto/Etc. Who do you like?

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Ok, I am in a mild spat with my insurance company. Been with the same policy for years, but it has been bought and sold at least twice.

The first guy was awesome, the second was a crook, and this third is "ok", not great.

Anyways, I am looking at shopping for some rates. It should be a pretty good account to get for someone, I like the idea of supporting RME folks.

Currently, I have 2 houses, 4 vehicles, and life insurance (probably can't move the life insurance unless its another Allstate rep.) I usually pay for 6 months ahead of schedule to get the discount.

Let me know if you have a agency/company/person you like and why.

thanks in advance.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Bear River is who we use. We get discounts for not being drinkers on the car policies. They were good to work with when my LX470 was stolen and when my wife was in a small fender bender. They are local and not huge so I feel like I'm not paying for fires in cali or hurricanes on the gulf or tornados in the plain states. Maybe its just in my head but it makes sense to me.

I don't think my agent is anything special but hes gotten us what we've needed. The lady at another broker was just as good though. If you're interested I'd just figure out who is close to you and go that route.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I'll be an echo...Bear River here too. I go through Axis Insurance because I've been with them forever. No complaints, but I've never had any claims so it's possible they might suck. :)

The_Lobbster

My in laws have Bear River as well, and they rave about it. I've been planning on checking them out as well and seeing what kinda price they could do for me.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Cool, I will look them up.

Any one else have something to check out?

I guess there is the part of me that has been missing the cool Allstate agent who wasn't afraid to go to bat for me...

Pike2350

Cool, I will look them up.

Any one else have something to check out?

I guess there is the part of me that has been missing the cool Allstate agent who wasn't afraid to go to bat for me...
I have Allstate but i knew my agent from college so its hard to say hows good he'd be to someone he doesn't know personally. I've contacted him about a few things here and there and he's always been upfront about how things would play out.... and steered me away from unnecessary coverage.

I insure my dad's 67 beetle on my account. It had an engine fire and they were good to work with....i only called my friend once to verify procedure.

Overall im happy, but if I didn't know him personally is probably shop around in rates, not that I feel mine are bad, i just don't know.

Caleb

I have my home, cabin, and vehicles through State Farm. I have mine and my son's rzrs through Progressive (and all my previous motorcycles), the price difference isn't even close. I've always liked State Farm, but I do know they cost a few dollars more.

Last edited:

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I have been with State Farm for years, I have way too many cars and such insured..... I feel they are way too expensive, but I don't have time to shop around.

I'll be watching this thread.

J-mobzz

Bear river here. They are the least expensive I could find. They will use aftermarket and used parts is available but I can’t expect much else with how much less they are than competitors.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
had allstate for the last 10 years. just saved 800 a year by switching to state farm. 3 vehicles and 1 house

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I'm with Farmers. After dealing with them on my roof, I cant say I'd recommend them. They are ok, but once I've settle my open claim I'm going to start shopping again too.

4x4_Welder

As long as you don't use USAA. Bunch of backstabbing liars. I'm having to sue the guy who hit me who has USAA, as they are offering less than 1/3 of the demonstrated value of my car.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
my work (centurylink) has a benefit for insurance and it comes out of my check automatically so I said what the heck... They looked over my driving record and recommended 4 companies. Metlife called me 15 mins later and asked what vehicle... I said jeep and from there they went into the aftermarket items (winch, wheels etc) without even asking. I just told them what I had and they came back with a price a few hundred less then what I was paying so I took it. have never had to call them for anything so who knows...

Tonkaman

I use a broker called key city insurance, and they are amazing to work with.

My home owners insurance is through bear river as well. Honestly I’m not impressed with them. Last year we had a house fire and it didn’t go as smoothly as I had hoped. They paid out, but I did most of the leg work. My customer service from them was pretty poor.

My auto and motorcycle insurance is through progressive. I’ve filed a few claims through them and they are amazing! Each time I’ve received better service than I expect.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
We use all state for the house and cars. Have not used them for any claims but we did have a situation a while ago and they were very kind and easy to work with.

Bart

I was with Allstate for 30 years and then got a quote from American Family that I couldn't pass up. After 2 years of crappy service, mostly from the agent, I went with a friend (Bill Cole) to State Farm. I could not be happier and I'm now paying for everything, including my home, what I used to just pay for autos and recreation vehicles.

I should have said I use Bear River for auto and home. I have used progressive for jet skis, motorcycle, and rv. It was just too easy to do online and the cost was very reasonable. The one RV claim I have had through progressive was taken care of quickly and as painless as possible.

Houndoc

I use Nationwide for our home, boat and auto (work with agents at Insurance Concepts, who I also use for my business). Have always been happy with the service.

Our situation is a little more complicated in that most companies don't want to provide homeowners coverage with our horses. With that taken into account, Nationwide was the least expensive.

I also have a good friend who has recently entered the insurance business. I can pass his info along to anyone wanting another agent option.