Introductions & RME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by redrockcrawler
whatz up i'm mat and i am new to the RME i live in roy and i'm not a member of any local clubs exept redrock but that far away i swing in from time to time at outlaws and big horn any way i have a yj its got a couple of mods it dont look like much but it seems to get me around but i always seem to have left over parts for the thing so hello

Hey, welcome to RME. Stick around and show us some pics of your rig! :cool:

Paudrhound

Hello

Hello all, I'm new to the group but the stories I have been following have been great. I've been wheelin' now for going on 25 years that gives my age away a little. I started out in a 76 binder and loved it, got to expensive, moved to a 77 F150, anyhow owned lots of rigs. Now I own a family wagon Durango, wife won't let me go play in it very much. :( So I read your stories and remeber some of the feelings. I like the group, glad I found it. I hope to get to go play once or twice with some of you.
My name is Stacy, I live in PG, UT and teach high school. My handle is pronounced powderhound. If I'm on the CB I usually scan ch. 31. Later

Last edited:

kruzr69

Hey, my name is Tony Canto. Im 25, own an 81 FJ-40, most of a 75 FJ-40(teenage project), and a 98 Chev ext cab(wifes now that i convinced her to sell her car). I love to wheel and work on my rigs. The 81 is getting a whole new look and feel this winter. Hope to meet some of you and go wheeling.

Zombie

Random Dead Guy
I'm Zombie.
I live in Sandy, and I drive a really pretty 4door Yukon.
I also have a pile of tube, and some other random parts waiting to get assembled and stuck on a trailer to pull behind it.
I've wheeled a ton in various blazers that I've had over the years.
I havbe part of a 73 dodge that I was in the process of building up when I went to Arizona and decided to go all tube.
I look forward to helping out on some clean up runs, and wheeling with some of you when I get my junk built.

95jeepgrndchke

Zombie said:
I'm Zombie.
I live in Sandy, and I drive a really pretty 4door Yukon.
I also have a pile of tube, and some other random parts waiting to get assembled and stuck on a trailer to pull behind it.
I've wheeled a ton in various blazers that I've had over the years.
I havbe part of a 73 dodge that I was in the process of building up when I went to Arizona and decided to go all tube.
I look forward to helping out on some clean up runs, and wheeling with some of you when I get my junk built.
Welcome to RME Enjoy!

XJEEPER

Hola

Hey all, been lurking for a while....time to say HI. I'm Jeff Turner and I drive an 89 XJ 4dr. I live in So. Ogden, commute to SLC and don't wheel nearly enough. Been wheelin'/web wheelin' with many here at RME and hang on the Jeep-SLC list as well. Been into Jeeps since I was invited to Moab about 11 years ago....was adopted by locals and visit there every chance I get.

I'm a member of NAXJA, U4, Jelly of the Month Club and was Marc Bryson's prom date. I'm on my 2nd XJ, set up with 6" of lift, 32's (soon 285's) 4:56's, SVO rear discs and an Auburn, custom OTK steering, HD bumpers and armor, lot's of little mods and tweaks, plus a few dents and squeaks.

Hope to meet more of you on the trail.
:)

crawlin60

hi folks. newb here, saying hi and all that. Live in springville, belong to Wasatch Cruisers and TLCA. Have several Toyota Land Cruisers, wheel the 60 series mostly.
Ben

Disco

I'm Tim people call me Disco. I have an 85 Toy with all the good junk. I'm currently a member of the California Creepers and was just asked to be a puke for another WELL known club which will remain nameless. ;)

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
64Trvlr said:
Hi
Just checking in from Southern AZ........

hi, i'm SAMI.. you might remember me from such films as.."SAMI rolls Dump Bump"... :D

welcome, tell us more about yourself... rig, plans, fitted hat size... you know, the usual stuff :D

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
I am new to the sport, previous 4x's were a v8J-40 that was a company perk, and a brat that had a dual range t-case, if you can call it that.
Current rig is the redheaded stepchild of the TOY 4x family, and currently on its way to being a SAS dual t-case 4.88 285/75/16'd locked 1989 van, instead of the no ground clearance IFS beater that it is.
Eager to learn more about this sport, and I carry 7 to the trail biggest reason for the van, plus the 88" wb.
Signed the 4x virgin

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
breederwheeler said:
I am new to the sport, previous 4x's were a v8J-40 that was a company perk, and a brat that had a dual range t-case, if you can call it that.
Current rig is the redheaded stepchild of the TOY 4x family, and currently on its way to being a SAS dual t-case 4.88 285/75/16'd locked 1989 van, instead of the no ground clearance IFS beater that it is.
Eager to learn more about this sport, and I carry 7 to the trail biggest reason for the van, plus the 88" wb.
Signed the 4x virgin
88" wheelbase? :confused: Um, I could be wrong I suppose, but I think those Toyota van things are a lot longer than that...

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
WB is measured essentially from the turning piece (since mine got screwed at the factory, the part that not so proudly screams WARN) of the hub, to the center of the rear tire right? Went and measured, because I was just quoting what I had heard before, and 88" exactly, overall is like 150", was longer but I pulled my front bumper off to keep from plowing stuff, that sucked.

Howdy everyone. Just checking in...I stray a bit from the norm though. I've got an 81' full size Bronco, which I'm currently rebuilding pretty much from the ground up. I can't really remember how I found the site but I'm guessing someone linked it from FSB.

While I'm rebuilding my Bronco I've been searching for folks who wheel around me and it looks like a lot of you are out in my neck of the woods so its nice to meet all of ya.

I still haven't decided what I'm doing with my Bronco yet...but I'm thinking I'll eventually be going SAS and all that jazz...but that is still quite a ways off in the future, one step at a time.

Later.

patriot

Came across this message board on accident. I've been over at the Pirate BB for 2 yrs. now, though I watch what I post over there. I thought I'd come check this place out and see if there are some good tech posts.

I've been planning, saving up, and scrounging parts from the local yards for my build for a year and a half. I've been trying to get into medical school and it's not an easy thing, but I made it and I start this fall!!! :D

I've got a '93 XJ. I've put together most of the components, I just need to bolt things up and do the fine tunning once the tires come in.
Here's what I've got planned:
HP44 front, 4.56 w/ Tractec, high steer arms, chevy flat top knuckles & spindles, 3/4 chevy ton brakes, Blazer 7/8" tie rod ends and drag link ends (already completed)
Ford 9, 4.56 w/ Detroit, 3/4 ton disc brakes, 1330 flanged CV shaft (already completed)
4-link rear, radius front
Bronco 4" coils front, TJ 5.5" coils rear
37x12.5x15R IROKS
E350 MC conversion/prop valve conversion (already completed)
Dana 300, flipped, LoMax 4:1, 32 spline
Removable doors, tube doors, and some fender and quarter panel cutting

If I could do it again, I'd go with a rear 60 FF or 14 bolt FF, but I'll have to wait until I get out of med school since now the "would of's", "could of's", and "should of's" are a thing of the past.

Hopefully, I'll get this finished in a week or two and can head up some trails with you guys.

Congrats, where are you going to school?

Sounds like a fun rig too.

patriot said:
Came across this message board on accident. I've been over at the Pirate BB for 2 yrs. now, though I watch what I post over there. I thought I'd come check this place out and see if there are some good tech posts.

I've been planning, saving up, and scrounging parts from the local yards for my build for a year and a half. I've been trying to get into medical school and it's not an easy thing, but I made it and I start this fall!!! :D

I've got a '93 XJ. I've put together most of the components, I just need to bolt things up and do the fine tunning once the tires come in.
Here's what I've got planned:
HP44 front, 4.56 w/ Tractec, high steer arms, chevy flat top knuckles & spindles, 3/4 chevy ton brakes, Blazer 7/8" tie rod ends and drag link ends (already completed)
Ford 9, 4.56 w/ Detroit, 3/4 ton disc brakes, 1330 flanged CV shaft (already completed)
4-link rear, radius front
Bronco 4" coils front, TJ 5.5" coils rear
37x12.5x15R IROKS
E350 MC conversion/prop valve conversion (already completed)
Dana 300, flipped, LoMax 4:1, 32 spline
Removable doors, tube doors, and some fender and quarter panel cutting

If I could do it again, I'd go with a rear 60 FF or 14 bolt FF, but I'll have to wait until I get out of med school since now the "would of's", "could of's", and "should of's" are a thing of the past.

Hopefully, I'll get this finished in a week or two and can head up some trails with you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.