Introductions & RME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
dunatic67 said:
OK I'm a newbie to the site- referred by a friend. Looks like a great site. I have been into off road activities forever with bikes, ATV's, and 4X4's. I currently own a '73 CJ-5 which was built for the sand. Stock frame reinforced, 30 in front with a Dana PwrLock and 4.27's, 44 in back with a Detroit and 4.27's, 31X 10.50's, SBC 406 with a M20 Muncie and Dana 20, Fiberglass tub and fenders, full cage attached to the frame. The Jeep has a home built reverse shackle infront and is about 1" taller than stock. I love to run on the sand and beat up on unsuspecting ATV's and sand rails. I did run rattle snake on 11-27 and it was alot of fun. My wife longs for a TJ so that will probably be our rock Jeep.

Welcome! Got any pics of your rig? :cool:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Howdy all, just finally found this site.. looks good, great to have locals here!
Anyway I live in Tooele, have some Jeeps and only one is running right now, the rest are all torn up. My wife and I moved to SLC in '97 where she finished school at the U, and we moved out here for Christmas '00. I'm home a bunch, self employed, so if anyone in the area needs help or anything, gimme a yell.

queenofmoab

don't make fun of my name

Hi ! Please don't make fun of my name... I just used my email address. I have been looking at this sight for a long time with my husband and I thought that I would finally register. i have been wheelin' for about 4 years with my husband. I have only been driving for the last two seasons though. Last year at Jeep Safari, I drove Pritchett in my '79 J10. It was really fun. I am fairly new to the sport and hope to learn a lot on this sight!

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
queenofmoab said:
Hi ! Please don't make fun of my name... I just used my email address. I have been looking at this sight for a long time with my husband and I thought that I would finally register. i have been wheelin' for about 4 years with my husband. I have only been driving for the last two seasons though. Last year at Jeep Safari, I drove Pritchett in my '79 J10. It was really fun. I am fairly new to the sport and hope to learn a lot on this sight!
:cool: Welcome aboard.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
queenofmoab said:

Hi dear. :hickey:

queenofmoab

popo said:
HAHAHA Her J10 :rofl:
I thought it was her TJ :D
I may be wrong...but I think I know the difference. :confused: The vehicle that I was driving has dana 44's a healthy amc V8 a T18 tranny and a dana 20 transfercase and not to mention leaf springs :p . Oh and a 100 plus inch wheelbase. I haven't seen many TJ's with that combination...sorry if you were confused. If you need help with vehicle identification let me know ;) :D

?JMAMA

Formerly YJMAMA
Hi

Ok so I think my husband EKSJAE is sick of me using his sign on to look around here. I think he married me for my jeep. Then he blew the engine on it and I bought him another one. Our two kids have been wheelin since before they were born. We went to the EJS when I was very pregnant with both kids they were born in June 2000 and May 2002.

:-\ JeepinJoe and RUYellow are my brothers.

DrMoab

Hi everyone!

HI everybody....Been lurking around here for quite awhile. Some of you know me from other fourms and email lists.
I have lived in Utah my whole life and been wheeling Ut since I was a little kid(with my family) Anyway I have a beat to crap 1989 XJ with a halfway homebrew lift of many different parts and 35 X-terrains.
I just became a newly elected press of the local ( Intermountian Chapter) of NAXJA.
Hope to wheel with you all soon!

skybob

Howdy! My name skyler. I am 17. Live in west haven. Got a 77 Highboy w/ built 460 4-speed and 38's on it. 76 f100 2wd for parts And a 90 4 banger 4x4 reg cab yota. Newbie to rocks. Like muddin though. All my trucks are for sale/trade :(

Badger

I am the Brute squad
wasn't sure if this was the thing to do but it seems that it is.

i signed up a day or so ago.from NAXJA .i frequent their board and i just moved out to Utah so i'm giving my hello to everybody

Hello everyone

i drive a 95 cherokee lifted 8 inches sitting on 35's,regeared to 4.56 ,detroits front and back ,blah blah blah .

this is me and the heep here
348PAP9-26-04_41-med.jpg

X

XT Utah

Hi all, been a lurker since last night.

I have a 2004 Xterra XE. Its stock with the exception of Nismo wheels, mud, some scratches and a dented back bumper.

My X is definately not what you would call a rock crawler but I do love to wheel.

I usually go at a moments notice (5-mile pass, Little Sahara, etc) so if anyone is up for going after work or on the weekends, let me know!

112gw3pd.jpg

135jr16xn.jpg

195nb5yf.jpg

382bi1ck.jpg

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Hi. I figured it's about time I introduced myself now that I've posted a few times. ;) My name is Dempsey. While I'm new to this forum (and I have no idea why I didn't look for it before now), I'm not new to forums in general.

I just bought a 2000 Wrangler, primarily for my fiancee (it's her current daily driver):

jen_jeep.jpg

I'm no stranger to Jeeps, though. My first was an '88 XJ which I bought from Matt Hornback of RMH4x4. While it already had some nice mods when I got it, I ended up lifting it a bit more and doing a few other things. In my hands, this vehicle was no stranger to off-pavement abuse... and I gave it the body damage to prove it:

xj_kodk1.jpg

xj_kodk4.jpg

After that, I had to go topless. Since I sell cars at the Doug Smith Autoplex, I factory ordered an Amber Fire 2001 TJ Sport:

tj_ramp2.jpg

tj_ramp7.jpg

tj_ramp8.jpg

In hindsight, buying a brand new Jeep was a mistake--I suddenly became much more timid when four wheeling for fear of scratching my pristine paint (it was my first new car ever). Still, I loved it dearly. Sadly, I had to sell that TJ in order to buy my house. :( But now that the soon-to-be-wife has a TJ, I am dying to lift it... and since she won't let me go hog nuts wild modifying "her baby" I guess I"ll soon be in the market for another TJ of my own. I'll have to sell my Camaro SS to free up the funding, but I've got my priorities.

My automotive tastes are not limited to Jeeping. I'm also an avid drag racer. I compete in the Street Legal bracket racing at RMR and, thanks to racing a 13-second turbocharged Dodge Caravan, I have become something of a local celebrity. If I ever show up at the track in another one of my vehicles, people I don't even know will walk up to me and ask, "dude--where's the minivan?!?" :D

Racing is an addiction and there's no cure, at least not for me. Inevitably, every car I own ends up going down the track at some point. I even once raced my TJ while it was still stone stock; it ran 18.2 or so IIRC (I'm sure I have the timeslips around here someplace). You guys think it's pricey trying to mod your 4x4? Try doing that and modifying your race car(s) at the same time.

Anyway, here I am. I look forward to getting to know many of you.

Last edited:

BLACKMAGICX

hi my names justin, i'm from ogden. new to rme. a friend suggested this site. 2001 nissan xterra 3" susp. lift
coming soon- 2" body lift, arb locker.

Attachments

• may 15 272.jpg
    may 15 272.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 13

Fade2Black

Drinking bone
Hey folks!

My name is Thomas Brady, I'm from Anchorage, Alaska, and I'm in Ogden right now going to WSU. I wheel and drive a mostly-stock Tacoma. I've been lucky enough to go to Moab twice since I got here in August. Other than that, I've wheeled in Idaho with some Steep & Deep/UT-TTORA guys and run Little Moab and Rattlesnake with the UT-TTORA.

I like to say that I'm friends with klif01 from Provo and Badcop, also from Anchorage.

I've wheeled Moab with some of you (GetBent, yellowbronco).

Good to be here! Looks like a good crowd!

posing.JPG

BronkoRob

well i guess i hav been lurking around here long enough its time to say hey. my name is Rob and im in sandy. ive got a 73 bronco...kinda. right now its a 73 bronco frame and drivetrain waiting for a ranger cab to replace to old beat to crap! bronco body. right now it has 302/c4/d20, d44 4.56, waiting for detroit and warn shafts, 9inch with 4.56s and a spool. sitting on 35s for now til i win the lotto or something. i will post some pics as of last month. for now i am just working on the bronco and just plain old working to support it til i leave in june for the navy. so until than i hope to get this thing up and running and maybe get out and have a few good trips with some of you guys.
now you just have to picture this with a tranny, tcase, and some bigger tires and youve got where i am now.

Attachments

• bronco frame.jpg
    bronco frame.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 16
Status
Not open for further replies.