Introductions & RME

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackKeslerCustoms

I've been looking around here for about a month or so, I'm Jack. Live in Riverton. I have a 97 green TJ, 4" lift, Detroits, 4.56's, 35" Procomp Mudders. Trailer queen that doesn't look like much. Pretty stock. I found the board because some of your members helped me out at little moab when I was wheelside up. (really appreciated that by the way) Looking forward to meeting more of you on the trail.

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
Hello all, guess what another newb to the forum. Im Brian, im currently in the military and stationed in Alaska, but by september will be in Ogden. Here to look around and see if I can get a feel for some of the local clubs in Utah. If you want to see my vehicle im a current member of the AK Extreme 4 Wheelers, inc. Our webpage can be seen at www.akextreme4x4.com.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Badcop eh? I think we've got one or two of those in the making here on RME. Welcome.

That mudhole doesn't look that bad... You must be acting as a winch anchor to pull the other guy out, right? ;)

Caleb

Badcop said:
Hello all, guess what another newb to the forum. Im Brian, im currently in the military and stationed in Alaska, but by september will be in Ogden. Here to look around and see if I can get a feel for some of the local clubs in Utah. If you want to see my vehicle im a current member of the AK Extreme 4 Wheelers, inc. Our webpage can be seen at www.akextreme4x4.com.

welcome...

can I just ask what the hell happened to that Jeep you're helping pull out in this pic?

brian_thomas2.jpg

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
LMAO, ummm, where to begin theres still a write up floating aorund PBB. In July or so of 03' a trip went out to the Knik Glacier near Palmer AK. The creek in the pic is of Metal Creek. It is a ruthless unforgiving creek and at times has swallowe dfull size trucks on 44's. Needless to say, a nissan in the original trip became stranded on the opposite side of the creek, the TJ and a FS Dodge went to help. Both vehicles were los tin the recovery, the dodge was recovered over the next couple of days. The TJ on the other hand stayed there till Sep '03 when myself and a few other members of the local clubs went after it. 11 hours, a Warn 12k, 9.5 and 8k to get it out. We then towed it to the trailhead where we took what parts were reusable and a friend of the club grabbed the frame, tub and engine. Its actually running again.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
So the water current washed away the sand uner the tires, sunk the Jeep into the sand, then buried it with sediment? Kinda like what happens when you stand on the beach in the tide? Man that sucks...

37sXJ

2 billionth member!

I'm now the newest RME member - a popup appeared saying I was the 2 billionth member and I was entitled to a new TJ Rubicon! Let me know when it's ready to ship...

Really though I've known about RME for awhile and finally decided to sign up. I have a '91 XJ w/ 37s, ARBs front & rear, and an AMC 20 metric 1 ton in the back. I previously had a blue '91, which I managed to roll last Easter Safari on the Golden Spike Launching Pad (several of you were probably there). Anyway, I think I'll put an exocage on this one, and I've heard several of you have exocage experience. Well I'll stop rambling thanks for a great forum.

-37sXJ

VANDALL

What Up........

37sXJ said:
I'm now the newest RME member - a popup appeared saying I was the 2 billionth member and I was entitled to a new TJ Rubicon! Let me know when it's ready to ship...

Really though I've known about RME for awhile and finally decided to sign up. I have a '91 XJ w/ 37s, ARBs front & rear, and an AMC 20 metric 1 ton in the back. I previously had a blue '91, which I managed to roll last Easter Safari on the Golden Spike Launching Pad (several of you were probably there). Anyway, I think I'll put an exocage on this one, and I've heard several of you have exocage experience. Well I'll stop rambling thanks for a great forum.

-37sXJ

Welcome.............
Post up some pic's of you'r rig...
Is it a 2 door, If so I have talk 2 U before.....

VANDALL.

37sXJ

The one I rolled was a blue 2-door. I gutted that one and have been building up a red 4-door all summer. I'm finally driving it, but it hasn't seen dirt yet, so this pic is fitting for a pavement pownder.

Attachments

• DSC00780small.JPG
    DSC00780small.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
Hi

Wow the place looks different :D

I'm Jason, live in Draper and work in SLC. Born and raised in SLC and have been into Jeeps and wheeling forever. I had a 90 XJ with a mild lift, tires, etc that amazed me every time I took it out. Now I have a '98 5.9L ZJ with lost of power boltons and a 2" BB to clear a set of Rubicon MTRs. Its my daily driver so my wheeling ir mostly easy stuff or as a passenger in somone's rig. Looking for a scrambler or EB to start a weekend warrior project ;)

tiny2085

HomeGrown
What's going on? My name is Caleb knobaluch, but everybody just calls me knob. I have an 86' jimmy with a 6" all spring, 37" hummer tires, and 1 ton axles. Also a swapped in a sm465+np205. I live here in Tooele and moved here just ove two years ago from NY. This BB looks to be pretty sweet and hopefully i'll get some input from everybody as I post up about what im going to do to my rig, Mabel

tiny2085 said:
What's going on? My name is Caleb knobaluch, but everybody just calls me knob. I have an 86' jimmy with a 6" all spring, 37" hummer tires, and 1 ton axles. Also a swapped in a sm465+np205. I live here in Tooele and moved here just ove two years ago from NY. This BB looks to be pretty sweet and hopefully i'll get some input from everybody as I post up about what im going to do to my rig, Mabel

K5's are cool. Locked axles?

tiny2085

HomeGrown
Yea, Knob, it's a good one. I'm thinking I might just weld my rear and throw a quick lock in the 60 up front, I don't have anything for sure yet.

dunatic67

It's all about the HP
OK I'm a newbie to the site- referred by a friend. Looks like a great site. I have been into off road activities forever with bikes, ATV's, and 4X4's. I currently own a '73 CJ-5 which was built for the sand. Stock frame reinforced, 30 in front with a Dana PwrLock and 4.27's, 44 in back with a Detroit and 4.27's, 31X 10.50's, SBC 406 with a M20 Muncie and Dana 20, Fiberglass tub and fenders, full cage attached to the frame. The Jeep has a home built reverse shackle infront and is about 1" taller than stock. I love to run on the sand and beat up on unsuspecting ATV's and sand rails. I did run rattle snake on 11-27 and it was alot of fun. My wife longs for a TJ so that will probably be our rock Jeep.

Status
Not open for further replies.