Is anyone running Maxxis Razr MT's?

joez

Have two friends I wheel with regularly that run them, and they seem to work very well. Im on 5 years on my 40" Nittos, and considering replacing them with the Razr's.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
How do the RAZR's hold up for a rig that's going to be offroad/rock crawling 90% of the time? Do they have a pretty strong sidewall?

Looks like the 37's weigh 81#'s, while the comparable 37" KM3 weighs 78#'s. My old Maxxis Creepy Crawlers were incredibly heavy. X-D

RockChucker

I went over this same line on my Razrs. It binds up your rig super hard and I pinched the rear passenger tire to the side wall. It has a cut from it. But it didn't pop it. As I understand it, these tires are the same carcass as the Procomp MT (Maxxis makes Procomp's tires). I know Ryan Maxfield has abused those tires on the competition circuit, so they seem to be pretty good? :thinking:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I went over this same line on my Razrs. It binds up your rig super hard and I pinched the rear passenger tire to the side wall. It has a cut from it. But it didn't pop it. As I understand it, these tires are the same carcass as the Procomp MT (Maxxis makes Procomp's tires). I know Ryan Maxfield has abused those tires on the competition circuit, so they seem to be pretty good? :thinking:

Awesome, good info.... thanks Dave! I'll consider them for my Willys Crawler.

joez

How do the RAZR's hold up for a rig that's going to be offroad/rock crawling 90% of the time? Do they have a pretty strong sidewall?

Looks like the 37's weigh 81#'s, while the comparable 37" KM3 weighs 78#'s. My old Maxxis Creepy Crawlers were incredibly heavy. X-D

Both guys I wheel with who run them are plated trail rigs, primarily rocks. I know I have some good pics of them wrinkling up well I can dig up. Seem to have very strong, yet flexible sidewalls.

Omgbecki

Well. I bit the bullet and ordered myself some 33 12.50 r 15 maxxis razor mt. After months of looking online and comparing tires I choose these. Have I made a good choice? I had a previous post about the tires that were on my mind and these came out on top. You guys have any thoughts or experience with these tires?

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Well. I bit the bullet and ordered myself some 33 12.50 r 15 maxxis razor mt. After months of looking online and comparing tires I choose these. Have I made a good choice? I had a previous post about the tires that were on my mind and these came out on top. You guys have any thoughts or experience with these tires?

If your Jeep is not your winter daily driver in the snow you should be okay, otherwise you may not be too happy or safe, just like most mud terrains they are not siped for winter traction. I researched these a few months back and decided to stick with ko2's.

Omgbecki

I figured. I'm keeping my worn ko2 for winter just in case. They aren't bad tires just one recently got a plug and the other has a screw in it. Don't feel to good lowering the pressure in them for off roading