Jeep Is anyone running the Teraflex JK 2" rear stretch?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
And? How did it change drive-ability, if at all?
I've only driven it to work once (6 miles at about 45 mph average) since finishing the rear stretch. The rear feels much more stable, but I also installed 3" Teraflex Outback springs with the stretch. The front needs to be addressed next. I hope to get that done in a couple days. 3" Outback springs, Falcon shocks with new Artec shock mounts, and Speed bumps for the front.

I know I've got something going on in the front. At the very least there is a blown shock, but it kind feels like the track bar is bad when you put the Jeep into a turn. Might be ball joints too.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I got the front updated with matching 3" Outback coils and Falcon 2.1 shocks. I think the driveability issue is a worn out track bar bushings. Still need to replace that, but holy guacamole this sucker drives so much better with those Falcons.

The Fox shocks still have pressure in them which surprised me. I thought for sure one or two were wasted.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Just wondering if you still have this rig, im thinking of doing something similar and i would like to know the center to center length of the liwer stretch arms if possible. Thanks,
I still have the Jeep. I'm running all four rear arms adjusted out as far as possible. This has my wheelbase currently at 98.5". I had to remove the rear fender liners and clearance the rear pinch weld to make room for the 37's at that length.

The rear lower arms are set at 22.5" right now.

944769BD-15AD-4B1B-8BF2-20DBA3021180.jpeg

Last edited:

Smoker9

I still have the Jeep. I'm running all four rear arms adjusted out as far as possible. This has my wheelbase currently at 98.5". I had to remove the rear fender liners and clearance the rear pinch weld to make room for the 37's at that length.

The rear lower arms are set at 22.5" right now.

View attachment 130838
Awesome thanks for the info, I have a pair of billet front lower control arms I was thinking of using for the rear stretch however they are 23" fully closed, i think ill order the the currie rear arms as they can be adjusted from 20 to 22.75". As I'm not buying an actual kit to do this I was thinking of building upper spring relcation plates of 1/4" steel and installing a Rubicon Express hydraulic bump kit on them to locate the springs. If you get a chance could you get me a measurement from the back edge of your spring relocation plate to the center of the spring? I truly appreciate your help here as you seem to be the only person on any forum who has actually used the teraflex stretch kit.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Awesome thanks for the info, I have a pair of billet front lower control arms I was thinking of using for the rear stretch however they are 23" fully closed, i think ill order the the currie rear arms as they can be adjusted from 20 to 22.75". As I'm not buying an actual kit to do this I was thinking of building upper spring relcation plates of 1/4" steel and installing a Rubicon Express hydraulic bump kit on them to locate the springs. If you get a chance could you get me a measurement from the back edge of your spring relocation plate to the center of the spring? I truly appreciate your help here as you seem to be the only person on any forum who has actually used the teraflex stretch kit.
I'm out of town for the next 5 days, so I won't be able to measure until then.