Jeep Is anyone running the Teraflex JK 2" rear stretch?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
The coil bucket relocation mounts are far beefier than the pics in Teraflex show. I thought they were just a plate/cone welded together...AE0171E0-FDE7-41FA-9475-DF54149A0879.jpegE0CF5C72-0625-4A38-B587-0D1E960BCFE4.jpeg

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
just waiting for an update, so you cut out a nice looking cone and stopped for a beer...

2 cones, 2 beers... :beer::cody:

I've had quite a few interruptions that used up a bunch of time, some of them beer. What's really slowed the progress is that I needed to remove my OEM lower control arm mounts off the axle and replace them with new Artec LCA's. This isn't part of the stretch kit, I just wanted to get rid of the beat up wimpy stock brackets. I'll post up some pics in a few days when I get home.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
There are a couple issues I've run into that I will need to resolve. The kit comes with bumpstop pad brackets that move the pad forward 2". The drivers side bracket interferes with my rear track bar relocation bracket. I can think of 3 different ways to address this, and all require some amount of cuttering and weldering.

I bought Teraflex rear bumpstops a while ago, but they are too tall to run with only a 2" lift. I'm hoping to change my bumpstop setup enough that I can run them with the new 3" springs and the stretch kit.